My screen on my Tmobile 8320 aint showing anymore. It only shows a white screen. I have tried wiping out the handheld with JLCmnder and restoring the OS but its still the same thing. But the phone works all right. What can I do? Since this isn't a software issue and I wouldn't like giving out my curve to just anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 07:41 AM
    Not a good thing, if restoring to OS did not work, it might be device issued that need to be replaced.

I would try one more battery reset pull battery with the device on. leave out for about 30 seconds

If not resolved, then call your carrier to see if you qualify for warranty replacement.
    07-19-08 07:53 AM
    Is there an erroe accompanied with this white screen? Or are you saying, the phone is working, you just have a white screen? If so, I would call T-MO and see about getting the device to them.

07-19-08 07:54 AM
    When you have the battery out, check the color of the little square sticker. It should be white. If it is not, the device probably has water damage. If that is the case, it will be time to invest in a new decice.
    07-19-08 08:11 AM
    The sticker is still white and I have called Tmo. But the warranty is void due to the fact that I wiped the OS. This device cost me a lot of bucks!!!

07-19-08 09:28 AM
    Did you buy the phone from a local retailer or direct from ATT? How long ago? If you use the wall charger or USB is there any difference?
    07-19-08 09:32 AM
    You shouldn't have told them that you wiped the OS. Playing dumb and giving as few specific details as possible is how I usually get warranty replacements worked out with VZW.

07-19-08 09:32 AM
    I got it from a local retailer. There is no difference if I use the wall charger or USB. I got it 3 weeks ago.

07-19-08 09:40 AM
    You shouldn't have told them that you wiped the OS. Playing dumb and giving as few specific details as possible is how I usually get warranty replacements worked out with VZW.

Actually Shooptek, Wiping a device is standard practice for TS, if this does not happen then you got REP that did not their job right, or the REP knew that a wipe would not resolve your problem. Either way, you must have gotten the replacement as you qualified for one.

Wipes are always used as a last resort to fix any concern on any deivce.

Have a nice day
    07-19-08 09:43 AM
    I guess I have to fix this myself. Anyone know a good video tutorial site where I could learn how to fix this?

07-19-08 01:27 PM
    I would get it back to retailer. Do not tell them what you did. Have them replace under warr.
    07-19-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD