I don't know if this is normal but my keyboard and screen goes from bright to dim randomly. It has been doing it since I've had the phone but it has been doing it more than usual lately. Is this normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:28 AM
    I don't know if this is normal but my keyboard and screen goes from bright to dim randomly. It has been doing it since I've had the phone but it has been doing it more than usual lately. Is this normal?

That's the screen and keyboard adjusting to ambient light. It's supposed to save battery life throughout the day.

EDIT: The sensor is right by the LED, if you want to test it for yourself.
    Last edited by fitch220; 05-08-09 at 08:47 AM.
    05-08-09 08:44 AM
    Yep, its supposed to do that. When your outside in the light it gets brighter. WHen in the dark it gets dimmer. The led is also the sensor. Cover it with your thumb and see it change. Or shine a flashlight on it.
    05-08-09 08:53 AM
    Wouldn't it make more sense for the screen to brighten in the dark so we can see it better?
    05-08-09 09:43 AM
    No. While in the dark its easier to see it with little light that the screen shows because its already brighter than the surrounds your in. When outside hold your thumb over it and you'll see why it gets brighter. It will dim when you stick your thumb over it making it hard to see.
    05-08-09 09:46 AM
    Oh! Okay! this little berry is so freakin smart!

05-08-09 09:46 AM
    Wouldn't it make more sense for the screen to brighten in the dark so we can see it better?
    No always true but you would think so. When your in a dark environment most electronic devices with such built in sensors will dim to allow for viewing and not causing it to be TO bright.

Also allows for better viewing on the eyes.

Most new laptops have these built in, well some. to allow for easier reading and allowing battery saving as well.
    05-08-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD