Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help. I am on my 2nd BB 8310 (AT&T) and I take great care of it. Today I pulled it out of the holster and the screen was suddenly yellowed and garbled. I did a soft reset and the screen was all white. Removed the battery and did a hard reset, and the screen is now black. It is capable of receiving calls but the hot keys don't seem to work. I luckily was able to hook it up to the computer and even in this state was able to sync and back up. I was weary, however, if nuking the BB starting factory fresh would work, but it's the only thing I haven't tried. Also tried wall recharger.

No drops, no water, no intense electrical or magnetic fields, and have had this new model since late November. I'm a crisis responder and I'm useless without the phone, and since it's stuck on vibrate, I don't know if I have incoming calls, emails, texts, etc.

Thanks again for your ideas. Cheers.
    01-18-09 05:57 PM
    Call provider/go to store for a replacement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 06:08 PM
    Maybe try reloading the OS to the phone.
    01-18-09 06:09 PM
    I can try to get a replacement, but AT&T would offer insurance. Buggers! Has anyone had success with reloading the OS?
    01-18-09 06:11 PM
    Sounds like they should warranty the phone for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 06:46 PM
    I can try to get a replacement, but AT&T would offer insurance. Buggers! Has anyone had success with reloading the OS?
    Isn't the standard warranty one year? It shouldn't be an insurance issue yet.
    01-18-09 07:29 PM
    Your warranty will cover it if still under one year since purchase.
    01-18-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD