Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author #1

Default Screen Comes On But does not light up

Hi,

Does anybody know what is wrong with my blackberry?
    When I turn it on, the keypad and trackball light up but the screen does not. If you look closely you can see that it is on but it never lights up. I already replaced the LCD Screen with no luck. If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

Even at the lowest setting, the backlight brightness should be enough to see ok. I guess for kicks see what it's on by looking at:

Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Brightness. Default is max of 100.

Other than that, what theme are you using? If not a default BB theme, try that just to rule out a theme issue. You don't have any 3rd party programs loaded that regulate screen brightness, etc?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author #3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    No I didnt change any themes or add any 3rd party programs. I can't even get into any options because I cant see much on the screen. I can barely see the Rogers logo on start up and thats it. I did not modify anything in the blackberry. I just opened it and started using it basically. Do you have any other ideas?
    Thanks again,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

Man I do not. Maybe somebody else will chime in with another thought. If you're under a year you can utilize the warranty for a replacement. Wish I had a better answer than that but if there's a simple setting, it's escaping me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

how do i get a third party that regulate the screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

It appears more to be an hardware issue, but what I suggest is you wipe the device, using some third party utilities or reinstall the OS using the DM. See if that helps.