CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Screen Comes On But does not light up

Hi,

Does anybody know what is wrong with my blackberry?
    When I turn it on, the keypad and trackball light up but the screen does not. If you look closely you can see that it is on but it never lights up. I already replaced the LCD Screen with no luck. If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

Even at the lowest setting, the backlight brightness should be enough to see ok. I guess for kicks see what it's on by looking at:

Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Brightness. Default is max of 100.

Other than that, what theme are you using? If not a default BB theme, try that just to rule out a theme issue. You don't have any 3rd party programs loaded that regulate screen brightness, etc?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
    No I didnt change any themes or add any 3rd party programs. I can't even get into any options because I cant see much on the screen. I can barely see the Rogers logo on start up and thats it. I did not modify anything in the blackberry. I just opened it and started using it basically. Do you have any other ideas?
    Thanks again,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

Man I do not. Maybe somebody else will chime in with another thought. If you're under a year you can utilize the warranty for a replacement. Wish I had a better answer than that but if there's a simple setting, it's escaping me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

how do i get a third party that regulate the screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

It appears more to be an hardware issue, but what I suggest is you wipe the device, using some third party utilities or reinstall the OS using the DM. See if that helps.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"