My wife just received the BB Curve 8320 from T-Mobile (early V-Day present). When comparing it to my BB 8830 WE, the screen is noticeably dimmer. Is this normal, or did she receive a faulty BB? My apologies if this has been addressed already, but I did a search on the this forum and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.
    02-13-08 09:06 PM
    My screen seems to dim at random times even if I am in the middle of doing something (esp. Brickbreaker)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 09:31 PM
    It's because the phone automatically adjusts to the lighting. If you're in a darker area, it will be brighter, etc.

No worries.
    02-13-08 10:39 PM
    I discovered if you turn the dimming feature off in the Screen & Backlight section, the screen will stay at it's brightest setting at all times. Just in case anyone else was interested...
    02-14-08 01:05 PM
    goto menu, options, screen/keyboard. there you will see an options for Automatically Dim Backlight. Just select off and your phone will not dim. I don't mind the dimming on my phone, but if you're playing a game or whatever, you could turn it off and keep it brightly light at all times.

If i'm wrong then it was bad advice from someone else!
    Last edited by markgl; 02-14-08 at 01:52 PM. Reason: misspell
    02-14-08 01:51 PM
    I don't mind the dim, but I also thought it was a problem. Guess it's normal for the curve to dim.
    02-14-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD