I was riding my Goldwing when I felt something hit my leg. As I looked in the mirror to my horror I saw my BB holster hit the ground. That was followed by the BB coming out of it and the back coming off and then the battery coming out.

So I stopped the bike as quick as I could and turned around. Picked it all up and put it back together. Turned it in and voil� it booted up and everything is fine. Now that is on rough tumble at thirty miles an hour for a BB to survive. The screen did even crack. How blessed I am and thankful for it.
    07-25-08 11:43 PM
    HOLY COW MAN, you were lucky, my berry just fell outta my lap only about maybe 2 feet and the lcd cover screen cracked. I am jealous!!HAHA LOL but really, LUCKY!!!
    07-25-08 11:48 PM
    WOW!!! How lucky that it's not broken at all!!! I bet it all happened in slow motion too!
    07-25-08 11:51 PM
    Your very lucky. I'm glad your bb is okay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 11:53 PM
    You are very very lucky, I guess the Berry Gods were on your side. At 30 miles an hour it surely would have cracked the LCD or the window. I guess its one lesson learned never carry your Berry holstered when riding rather keep it safe in your pocket.

07-25-08 11:57 PM
    HOLY!!!
    You got some luck ~ glad to hear its doing ok
    07-25-08 11:59 PM
    I dropped mine for the first time after only having it a week and a half. The Speck Products clear hard case didn't do its job. It just split in half from a 2.5' fall.
    07-26-08 12:00 AM
    I am a service manager for an apartment community. My 8330 survived a "pop out of the holster" fall from a ladder onto a sidewalk from about 25 feet with only an oem rubber skin. It has a couple of scratches, but the skin held the back and battery in place, and no issues so far.
    I feel your pain tho, that couple of seconds as the "oh crap that's my bb" sets in and you watch helplessly as it slo mo's to a stop.

07-26-08 12:06 AM
    D*mn! You need to play the lottery. Lol. I'm glad your Berry wasn't destroyed.

07-26-08 12:28 AM
    Thank your Guardian Angel for that one...

Now that the Angel wasted your "FREE LIFE CARD" on your poor Berry, you are SOL when it comes time for you to croak! haha
    07-26-08 12:45 AM
    Congratulations!

07-26-08 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD