How in the **** do I make the notification that I have an email go away, there isn't an email...

Thanks
    Katherine
    01-23-09 10:28 AM
    its because you saved email rather then deleated it, go into your saved email folder i bet you have some there, and just get ride of them

same thing happend to me when i first got my BB
    01-23-09 10:30 AM
    Have you gone back to the last e-mail and clicked on mark unopened? Sometimes if you do that and then re-open it will go away. It's annoying isn't it? And welcome to crackberry!
    01-23-09 10:32 AM
    Sometimes pulling the battery out and putting it back in does the trick.
    01-23-09 10:36 AM
    I've had that happen before. It was in my saved messages folder, like pp said. It took me forever to figure it out b/c I have that folder hidden.
    01-23-09 10:37 AM
    It's not under saved...I think i pulled the battery yesterday but I'll try that again!
    01-23-09 10:39 AM
    It worked!! Thank You Crackberry Masters!!
    01-23-09 10:51 AM
    Thanks, Your suggestion worked. I accidentally save messages sometimes, and that was it. Much Appreciation!
    01-23-09 11:28 AM
    There's another fix for this rather than resetting. This applies to SMS as well as E-Mail.

Go to the inbox. Press "T" to get to the top of the list - it should highlight the current date (or whenever you last received a message). Press the Menu key and select "Mark Prior Opened." Even if there are no unread messages, it should clear the notification. I've done this in the past with success. I think 4.5 fixes the problem all together.
    01-23-09 11:37 AM
    i had the same issue a while back, i wanted to try and get cleared without a batt pull so i just sent myself a text and deleted it and the notification went along with it. Batt pulls do fix most issues though.
    01-23-09 12:32 PM
    i tried a battery pull, saved messages folder, and mark prior opened. None of these fixes work. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELPP!!!???
    05-07-09 08:34 PM
    I had this happen to me recently, and a simple batt pull solved it. Have you checked all of your folders? Maybe a missed call situation?
    05-07-09 08:58 PM
    I had this happen to me recently, and a simple batt pull solved it. Have you checked all of your folders? Maybe a missed call situation?
    ^^ Fixed it for me earlier.

Also make sure its an email and not a missed phone call or something like that. Check "Messages". I wondered the same thing when I first had a storm a while back ago.
    05-07-09 09:09 PM
    I had a notification that would not go away no matter what i tried (battery pull, delete prior, save sms, save email, etc.) Eventually, i had to send myself an email for the newest email to show up. Weird..
    05-17-09 06:54 PM
    I'm also having the same problem with none of the proposed solutions working. Any new ideas?
    11-30-09 07:09 PM
    I found that having my SMS and my Inbox separate seems to have caused the problem. Once I found the SMS message I'd apparently missed and read it, my message count went back to zero. Combine SMS and your inbox and you will always see both e-mail and SMS.
    02-18-10 03:39 PM
    Also if your in your messages and you press the letter "U" it will go to any unopened messages.
    02-18-10 06:19 PM
    Okay none of them was working for me but then i went onto the main menu, press the menu button the show all, a globe thing should come up or maybe something else thats hidden, Good luck
    04-16-10 10:29 AM
    alright, i came across this thread and instead of starting a new one i thought i might aswel bring this one back......

basically i have the email icon at the top of of my phone
    i have tried
    battery pulls
    sending an email to myself
    going in my saved messages folder
    deleting my call record.

im getting very annoyed - any help please?
    06-29-10 05:04 PM
    Mark Prior Opened worked for me. Deleting one saved message that I did not know I had did not work, nor did removing the battery. I hope that you guys who are not fixed find a fix because it is REALLY annoying.
    05-19-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD