I wish to purchase a bluetooth satnav for my car but the guy at Halfordswas unable to get my phone (8310) to pair with a Garmin (It did pair but connection was immediately lost).I spoke to Garmin who say the phone is not compatible with Garmin.Does anyone have any ideas or know a bluetooth satnav that can be paired with the phone.

BARRY
    10-07-08 10:03 AM
    It's possible the phone is not compatible with the Garmin. It's also possible that all you need to do to maintain the connection is to enable the Bluetooth Activity LED. Disabling it (because it's annoying, for example), causes the phone to drop connections. That's a known bug in several BlackBerry models.

As an alternative, the Freedom Keychain 2000 GPS puck works well with all BlackBerries. It provides the GPS receiver function only. It has no software and no display. You provide the software on your BlackBerry. It works with Google Maps, BlackBerry Maps, Nav4All, amAze, and other apps.
    10-07-08 11:18 AM
    Garmin makes LOTS of different models. What model are you trying to connect your Berry on BT? I use a Garmin 760 and had some problems holding a BT connection. That IS past tense - the solution was to download the latest updates to your Garmin GPS from the Garmin site. You will need to download the "Downloader" first and then you will see all of the updates available for your model. I suspect that that will solve your BT connection problem - it did for me and my 8330! Good luck!
    10-07-08 11:35 AM
    Thanks guys.

chief7 I think I tried with the Garmin Nuvi 760T and I am on Vodafone.Any further thoughts.

BARRY
    10-08-08 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD