How do I get this damn media icon on my desktop manager? I'm having a toughie of a time here getting it to work. I ask because I can remove the card put it in computer, and it will recognize it but a pop up says I need to do something (browse and search for a file maybe?). I can find a file on my comp that says Blackberry, and I can drag iTunes songs to that and be all good. I'm kind of doing it the backward/wrong way, so I want to ask, how do I do it without dismantling my phone? haha. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the manager program but the media manager never seems to install.

BTW: I got my new phone today! I'm doing the right thing and sending my old one back, but I'm not touching anything until I get the case I ordered for the new phone (Seido hard rubber case). If you didn't know, my phone was the one my dog confused as a chew toy.
    06-25-08 12:59 AM
    Not sure I fully understand what is happening here so let's start from the beginning. With you phone disconnected from the PC Goto Options, Media Card and with the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

For this to work you will most likely need Desktop Manager v4.5 installed on your PC.

iTunes DRM files cannot be played on the BlackBerry due to Appple Coprp's restrictive sales policy. MP3s play just fine so try to copy a few MP3s first.

If your PC does not recognize the Media Card then there may be a problem between the two. This is not unheard of.
    06-25-08 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD