Hi guys,

I finally got a protective case in the mail today. Its very girly and somewhat unecessary, but nonetheless I'm pleased with it. I put it on, and couldn't get it off! I had to pry it off with a screwdriver, which sent my poor "child" flying into the corner of my desk. Not a scratch, thank god!

So as you can see, I don't plan on taking it off very often. I'd like to clean her up before I seal her back in the case, but I've heard so many conflicting ideas on cleaning electronics. Whats good for an all-over cleaning, and perhaps for an everyday swipe of the screen?
    02-07-08 01:20 PM
    I have an 8820 and the only thing I hate about it is it shows finger prints like crazy. I have a silicon skin to keep it clean most of the time, but I use a cradle to charge at the office and when I use it I have to take the skin off - necessitating all kinds of finger prints to drive me up the wall. I have started using the same cloth to clean my Berry as came with my eyeglasses and it works very very well.
    02-07-08 01:44 PM
    A damp lint-free cloth always works like a charm for me.
    02-07-08 01:54 PM
    I've got a lot of debris/lint behind the screen. It's seen easiest when the device is off and shows up faintly when the backlight is on. I'm fairly sure there's no [easy] way to clean this out, but I'm throwin' it out there anyway. Any help?
    02-08-08 01:51 AM
    Buy a better skin! Silicone is the worst skin to have.. You should buy a regular plastic holister to carry. It also will save you a lot of battery power as well because it puts your phone in "sleep" mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 01:58 AM
    I use a microfiber cloth and some solution I use to clean my laptop screen. Thats has worked well for me for years.
    02-08-08 10:45 AM
    In the IT field, people use those fancy wipes on LCD screens and they are perfect for cell phones and laptops, even laptop keyboards. However, you can do just as good using a lint free cloth, lightly dampened with rubbing alcohol. Just dont use too much and make sure to wipe all excess off. You dont want to rub too hard either. At my work we have 20+ laptops and over 200 lcd monitors and this is the only cleaner we use.
    02-12-08 10:55 PM
    I've been using clorox multi-surface moist wipes followed by a thourough rub with a dry towel. No ill affect whatsoever, I didn't think there would be since the bottle says they're safe for use on acrylic. Other things I do to keep my berry clean is that I make good use of the included headset and voice dialing for making calls, which means my berry spends more time in the holster, and no time on my ear (ears are pretty oily places as I always discover when I let someone use my phone). I also have a bottle of some of that hand sanitizer stuff on my desk to use before I take my berry out...that really cots down on finger smears. People should know too...the worst type of fingerprints are the oily ones...but hands don't have any oil glands on them...people get oil on their hands from touching their faces... So for a cleaner berry use your headset more, wash your hands more and touch your face less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-08 07:07 AM
    Dummy me never thought of using a headset; the idea of getting make-up all over my berry makes me want to cry.

So the clorox wipes won't make the screen gunky? I have a bottle of 90% alcohol, I was considering diluting it and cleaning with q-tips.

And for my blackberry and laptop: anyone know where you buy the wipes made especially for electronics? I'm thinking Best Buy or something. I also heard a rumor that RadioShack does free cell phone cleaning. Myth...?
    02-13-08 08:27 AM
    I too use an eye glass cleaning cloth on my curve. Works great for me.
    02-13-08 08:48 AM
    ... I have a bottle of 90% alcohol, I was considering diluting it and cleaning with q-tips...
    That is exactly what I use at work when cleaning LCD Screens, and Laptop keyboards. It is also what most all major laptop repair facilities use when doing a quick physical cleanup prior to sending repaired laptops back out. At least the ones I've visited...
    Just need to get a reasonable amount on a lint free cloth (I guess you could use a cotton ball too) wipe the entire BB down, but dont scrub too hard. Last, give it a final wipe down with a clean towel. Should be clean as new...
    02-13-08 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD