I've had my 8830 for about 6 months and have had no complaints-until now.
    Suddenly it's become very slow in certain situations.
    For instance, if I hit the "lock" icon, it now takes about 15 seconds for the phone to lock! It used to be instantaneous. Also, sometimes when I hit the mailbox icon, I get the spinning hourglass for about 5 or 6 seconds before it displays my mail. The lag time is really annoying.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for answering my first CB post!
    08-02-09 01:13 PM
    Check your free memory. Try a search, there are many threads about how to free up memory resources.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:20 PM
    yes a friend is having the same problem

is there a way to fix this?
    08-02-09 01:36 PM
    My "free memory" reads: 27512539 Bytes.
    Is that too little? If so, how do I free it up?
    THANKS
    08-02-09 01:53 PM
    what application last installed for your bb?use memory cleaning.may be help u
    08-02-09 02:02 PM
    Well some programs do have memory leaks. I would recommend a battery pull once-in-awhile or you could simply hold alt+right caps lock+del (which is like a control+alt+del to restart) this will clear up some memory. Also if you want to delete unneeded applications, go into Options > Advanced Options > Applications and go through the applications that you no longer need and delete them.

08-02-09 02:20 PM
    Ive had the same problem a few time. I use that QuickPull, dont really understand it but it seems to keep my BB running quick
    08-02-09 02:25 PM
    Quickpull is just another form of what I mentioned above with removing your battery or resetting your BB

08-02-09 02:30 PM
    I have not had that problem yet. However, I do support the battery pull! I do this every 5 days. I also, delete applications that I do not use or will never use. Try doing these things and see what happens. If you still have a problem, you might need to clear your cache and delete some of the messages in you phone. Sometimes applications are still running in the background, "those items need to be closed correctly or it will make your BB slow!

08-02-09 04:07 PM
    Trying downloading QuickPull, I schedule mine so that it resets every night. It could be going slow because your running too many apps, hold down alt and then press the escape (back) button to show the apps that are currently running. Go into the apps that you aren't using right now and press Menu> Close. Pressing the red End button doesn't shut down the app completely, but manually closing it does.
    08-02-09 04:15 PM
    Quick Pull Pro is pretty nice you can set it to restart ever few days or if your memory drops below a preset level.
    08-02-09 06:44 PM
    Thanks guys...I've worked these suggestions and it's better!
    This is a great forum. So many responses, so quickly.
    Really appreciate the help!!
    08-03-09 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD