Hi everyone,
    1/ How can I check on my BB 8320 if there are applications or programs running in the background? (I just want to figure out why my battery has such a short life eventhough BT and Wi-Fi is off and minimal usage)

2/ Right under "edge" on the top right corner of the screen now displays a small grey color speaker icon and I can not get to that icon no matter what. What is that icon for? and how do I get it off (it was not there before)

3/ With very very minimal usage and BT plus Wi-fi is set to off, my battery eats up 20% of the battery in 3 hours after charging the phone overnight (around 8 hours), is that normal?

Thanks!
    02-24-09 09:43 AM
    The grey speaker icon sounds like your profile settings icon to me. It is what you use to turn the ringer off, shange ringtone, etc.

You could try a battery pull and from there every program or browser window you open, use the menu key to scroll down and select exit or close. Do this with everything to make sure you have properly closed all apps.

My battery life is better than that so try this and see if it helps. You should get longer usage than what you are currently getting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:50 AM
    1) From your homescreen, press and hold Alt key (bottom left) and press the Back key (right of trackball), this will bring up a screen of running apps. There are five you can't completely close. These would include Home, Browser, Messages, BBM and Phone. To properly close apps, just press Menu then select Close prior to exiting the app.

2) That would be your Profiles icon. It just shows which profile is active (ie Loud, Quiet, Vibrate, Normal, Phone Only and Off)

3) Probably has to do with #1. Make sure apps are closed. Also, Facebook, Viigo or a recently added theme could be the culprit of this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:54 AM
    Okay I read in one of the threads that if you hold the Alt key and press the escape key (right next to the end call button) then it shows the programs that are currently running on your phone...(I think) lol. Pressing the escape key highlights a different program and then stopping on a program and pressing menu-and then close closes out the program. Hope this helps.
    02-24-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks everyone. No program is running in the background and all are closed as it should be. It has been like almost 5 hours and the phone's battery is down to 70% with only a few phone calls usage. I guess a battery replacement is needed. Where is the best place to get the battery that is not too expensive and the quality is good? Will the new battery will help my phone to last at least couple of days before charging? Thanks!
    02-24-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD