Need a little help...
    AT&T 8310 Curve
    Connect my wife's phone to Desktop manager and synchronize address and calender just fine.
    However when I open Roxio it says I do not have a device connected and will not allow me to do anything with the media files..because it is not showing any.
    I connect MY 8310 - which is the same phone and it recognizes my media files and will let me do what I need.
    I have so far tried to uninstall desktop manager and re-install it with no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    07-20-08 08:48 PM
    I don't use Roxio. If you both have media cards, you can use Mass Storage Mode to drag and drop media files. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory, though. For that, and that only, you still need Media Manager.
    07-20-08 09:01 PM
    sorry steelman, I dont use the DM or roxio either, I too just drag and drop files, so I can't help.
    07-20-08 09:13 PM
    OK...so this is a newbie question....is Roxio even necessary to add my media files to my BB? We both have a 2G memory card installed.
    07-21-08 07:04 AM
    OK...so this is a newbie question....is Roxio even necessary to add my media files to my BB? We both have a 2G memory card installed.
    Only if you already have pictures in the device memory. Mass Storage Mode can only see the Media Card. You have to use Media Manager to get the files out of device memory, but that's it. For copying to/from your PC to/from your Media Card, you only need Mass Storage Mode.

Here's how:
    Status/Options/Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BB into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the blackberry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

Media Manager and Mass Storage Mode are mutually incompatible. If you want to run Media Manager, turn off Mass Storage Mode. But for most purposes, Mass Storage Mode is much better than Media Manager. The only time you really have to use Media Manager is once, to get pictures out of your device memory. Mass Storage Mode can't see the device memory. Once the pictures are on the Media Card, Mass Storage Mode will let you drag and drop between the blackberry and your PC.

In Rim's implementation of microSD cards, they're used for ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. (That's why Rim calls them Media Cards, even though they're sold as microSD cards.) You can also use one as a memory stick, like a USB disk, using Mass Storage mode, but you can't access those files from the blackberry without 3rd party software. You can't run apps from one, yet.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-21-08 at 07:08 AM. Reason: added mass storage mode instructions
    07-21-08 07:06 AM
    I will be working on this tonight when I get home and can get my hands on my wife's.....um....BB. I will post my success story when completed. Thanks for the help!
    07-21-08 07:14 AM
    tagged i wana know too
    07-21-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD