Hi, I download the program to my 8320, setup a connection on my Wifi network using TCP/IP, but got stuck at the "Fetching server root folder". We do not have a Blackberry server here, only a Windows network with shared folders. The shares are properly setup and can be seen on network. Anyone has any idea how to solve this problem?

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffho830; 03-27-08 at 02:46 PM.
    03-27-08 02:44 PM
    Hi Jeff,

Did you set the Connection method to "Wi-Fi" ? What did you set as the URL of the Windows File Share? I use an 8320 as well and use Wifi to access my file shares with no problems.

I entered "smb://myservername/myrootfolder", as well as my windows username and password to connect to the file share.

I recommend that you contact our support team directly and they can help diagnose exactly what your problem is and find a solution much quicker [email protected] .
    03-28-08 06:59 AM
    Same problem here. Cant connect using WiFi with my 8320 to my Macbook, personal file sharing and windows sharing activated, freezes during the "fetching server root folder" screen, not even an error screen. I'm not able to see my own BB media card or device memory either.
    05-04-08 07:47 PM
    Same problem here.
    Just tried to access a share on my apple airport with rove's filemanager on BB Bold. Freezes while fetching root folder. Accessing a share on my xp-notebook works fine.
    09-06-08 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD