Just a question to pose to all Rogers Wireless Curve users, which will apply to anyone who may NOT have a BB data plan, when you got your device did it include the Rogers WAP browser?...mine comes with the WAP browser even though I do NOT have a BB data plan, I was told this was NOT normal and I shouldn't have it without a BB data plan..anyone else to share their experiences in this case would be greatly appreciated!
    08-29-07 11:40 PM
    I have a Curve (Upgraded from a Pearl) It came with Rogers WAP. I don't have a BB plan. I wanted the PDA/Camera, query. I added the 5.00 per month Rogers internet brousing plan and can access my webmail. A little round about,but works great for me. You can't download, or have access to BB maps or google maps and stuff but it's a cheaper way to have at least some access through the Rogers Portal
    08-31-07 10:47 PM
    I'm thinking of getting a BB in the next month and I'll be with Rogers. What is the WAP? ( sorry, i'm pretty clueless) and if you just add the $5 plan do you get your emails automatically or do you have to sign into your email acct by going online and checking your emails yourself. I'd love to know about how i could save some $$ on the Rogers plans as they DO seem to be way too $$. (my bf has a Palm with them and he pays way less than they charge for the BB).

thanks.
    08-31-07 11:32 PM
    If you're looking to save money then Rogers is not going to satisfy you. However, you don't have much choice in Canada.

Unfortunatly, the $5 plan will not work. You'll need the Blackberry data plans and, from what I hear, they are quite spendy.
    08-31-07 11:43 PM
    The 5 and 10MB packages do work on BB, just not for BB data, so no push email and no BB messenger for PIN to PIN, you will have the WAP browser on the device and be able to access downloads etc(dunno what ennisd's issue is with downloads or google maps mine all work fine) Gmail mobile will work as well as Opera Mini and yes Rogers plans are lame

$25 1MB (bis)
    $30 2MB (bis)
    $40 7MB (bis and bes)
    $60 25MB (bis and bes)
    $100 200MB (bis and bes)

and oh ya...rogers WILL tell you cannot have these plans (the $5 for 5MB and $10 for 10MB) if you have a BB so if you are planning on getting a BB add it to your account before you buy your BB, otherwise you have to sneek it onto your account by adding it on the website.

ps: thnxs to ennisd for comfirming that ALL curves do come with the WAP browser (must be rogers way to suck more cash out of the people who will use it without any data plans at all) and to anooshka..WAP is a protocol for websites to view on mobile devices, basically the WAP browser we are referring to will simply allow you to get onto websites with you BB hope that helps you understand and welcome to Crackberry!!
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-01-07 at 12:13 AM.
    09-01-07 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD