My grey bb curve 8330 just died out of the blue. No radio signal no service no anything it turns on thats just about it and it's only a month old. So Sprint it sending me a brand new one free of charge. thank god I still have my red one and had sprint turn on the service online or I would have been screwed .
    04-19-09 11:18 PM
    My grey bb curve 8330 just died out of the blue. No radio signal no service no anything it turns on thats just about it and it's only a month old. So Sprint it sending me a brand new one free of charge. thank god I still have my red one and had sprint turn on the service online or I would have been screwed .
    A month old??????? Did you drop it or something? Gotta be a reason it died after only a month???What gives?
    04-19-09 11:24 PM
    You know, that really sucks. Good luck!
    04-19-09 11:27 PM
    Holy crap that's scary! I, too, recently got a grey curve 8330 from Sprint at the beginning of the month! I wish you the best of luck and hope that I don't have a similar fate since my life is on this & I must admit that I am addicted to it.
    Did you download anything on the curve that may have led to its demise?
    04-19-09 11:59 PM
    No I didnt do anything to it didnt drop it or download anything or get it wet. I have small problems with it from day one. Like when I call a automated system my number keys wouldnt work but i didnt relize it till yestarday. They battery would die quickly, then it started restetting if self all the time,The screen was really dim at times and then last night it wouldnt connect to my airave so I couldnt even get voice calls. Then the radio shut off and it wouldnt turn back on. I coulnt even get it to connect to the DM. I have no idea what happened, But my red one is all hooked up and working so I have something till my new one comes
    04-20-09 10:39 AM
    WOW you've had some issues with that one. Sounds like it was a lemon from the day you got it. Hopefully your new one wont be that way. Good thing your like me and have backup devices.....wife says I have too many but...what can ya do..its an addiction.)
    04-20-09 11:14 AM
    Its always good to do a weekly backup just in case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 11:21 AM
    Its always good to do a weekly backup just in case.

yeah I do, so I didn't lose anything thank god for backup
    04-20-09 11:28 AM
    Ick, that really sucks. I had something similar happen to my first Storm where the radio just spontaniously died after a little over a month. Verizon also replaced it for free.

04-20-09 11:45 AM
    most major carriers are good about replacing a faulty item within the first year
    04-20-09 11:47 AM
    Sounds like you just got a bad phone, that sucks.
    04-20-09 12:11 PM
    just a question, you said that the battery would run really low or something. did you try to charge it up a good amount of time before turning the connections back on, that happend to me this week and once i charged it for a lil while, i was able to get that radio back on! just a suggestion if it happens again.
    04-20-09 12:32 PM
    That sucks. Good thing they are replacing it for you
    04-20-09 01:12 PM
    just a question, you said that the battery would run really low or something. did you try to charge it up a good amount of time before turning the connections back on, that happend to me this week and once i charged it for a lil while, i was able to get that radio back on! just a suggestion if it happens again.
    Yeah I tried that the phone was just screwed. But I'll have a new one tomorrow so that's all the matters
    04-20-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD