I have been successfull in downloading great ringtones from crackberry.com.
    to my 8310. However, I have a problem adjusting the volume of the ringtone.
    If I play the ringtone from the media application, the volume is easily adjusted. BUT when a call comes in,, the volume is ALWAYS VERY LOUD. When I try to adjust the volume on the side of the curve the only thing that happens is that the ringtone immediately stops.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you
    04-15-08 04:04 PM
    Yeah. Go to profiles -> Advanced. Go over the profile you always use, mine is "Normal", click the Menu button and click "EDIT". Select "Phone". Here you can select "Volume", usually low, medium, high and escalating. Check the different ones out.

Hope that answers your question
    Last edited by sim_plic_i_ty; 04-15-08 at 04:20 PM.
    04-15-08 04:09 PM
    Thank you for your advice..It worked..I am very new to Blackberry.

I appreciate it!
    04-15-08 04:27 PM
    Why not just edit the volume of the ringtone on your computer BEFORE you send it to your phone? Then you are COMPLETELY in control of the volume.
    03-14-09 09:38 AM
    Well, you could just create a few custom audio profiles with the settings you desire and then just easily switch between them as you move to different environments.

And you can set the side convenience buttons to a number of different functions.

And there are a number of default keyboard shortcuts from the keyboard (when you have dialing from the Home Screen set to OFF). For example, pressing the "F" key will bring you to the Profiles.
    03-14-09 11:05 AM
    I also go in and out of meetings and the car all day and I need to change the phone volume as well. I set my right side convenience key to Profiles. All I do is press the button and choose loud, normal, quiet, vibrate or off. Works GREAT.

You can do this by going to Options -> Screen/keyboard -> and scroll down to Right side Convenience key opens:

Welcome and good luck!!!
    03-15-09 02:57 PM
    ... a number of times each day. It is of great value to me to easily adjust the ringer volume on the fly, so to speak.

profiles > normal > advanced options > phone > volume > low, med, high ... is cumbersome but I can live with it.

If I'm missing something and there is an easier way to do it, I'm all ears. It'd be great if there were hot-buttons one could set for functions used a lot???
    I set one of the convenience keys on the side to take me in one step where it takes you to get in 5. works pretty well.
    03-17-09 01:46 PM
    Does anybody know if you can increase the vibrate mode. I use it at work and miss most of my calls. I use the plastic holder with my phone and also bought a side pouch. They are both the same. it is to noisy to hear a ring tone with the volume setting in the phone. Maybe there is a way to increase the volume extra loud. Thanks for any suggestions.
    03-19-09 08:22 PM
    Increase the vibrate volume as in not bzzzzzz but BZZZZZZZZZZZ?

Hmmmmm - Well you can try something like BuzzMe or another 3rd party app that will allow you to adjust the length, burst of the vibrate. There are a few and I am not positive on the exact settings allowed but its quite configurable.... Someone will pop in with experience with a certain app...

If you are looking to increase ringtone volume and LOUD is not enough try Audacity which is free or mp3gain.......
    03-19-09 08:28 PM
    my ringtone volume is ALWAYS lower than the original play on through the phone's media channel
    03-22-09 12:15 AM
    my ringtone volume is ALWAYS lower than the original play on through the phone's media channel

Profiles>advanced>active profile (or the profile you want to edit (loud, normal) then select the alert you wish to edit (SMS, MMS, EMAIL, PHONE) pick a tone and save. From this menu you can customize it to your liking for each alert..

Once you pick the alert make sure its on high and not medium or escalating, if that is not loud enough try audacity or mp3gain to increase the custom ringtone of your choice.
    03-22-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD