Hi,

I am a new BB user

I have all of my ringtones saved on my Mini SD storage card - how can I pull from the storage card for my ringtones? Or do i have to have them in the device storage?
    01-25-09 08:29 PM
    I don't exactly follow you... You can use ringtones that are stored on your MicroSD card like any other ringtone.
    01-25-09 08:33 PM
    When I edit a contact and select add a custom ringtone, the ringtones I have stored on my media card show up at the top of the list, ahead of the preloaded ringtones. Above that is a Browse button, which in my case points to the Media Card ringtones.
    01-25-09 08:33 PM
    If the card has the media you want to use once you have it installed in your phone you just pick from the list when setting up your tones in your profile.. Have your tried it yet?

There is no need to have the tones on the device memory.
    01-25-09 08:34 PM
    Hi,

I am a new BB user

I have all of my ringtones saved on my Mini SD storage card - how can I pull from the storage card for my ringtones? Or do i have to have them in the device storage?
    Welcome to crackberry!
    01-25-09 08:38 PM
    Thanks everyone!!
    01-25-09 08:46 PM
    install the media manager that came on that CD when you got your BB. When adding files, assuming that you already have your microSD installed properly, in the bottom left directory there is a drop down for device memory and another for media card (or something like that). Just like in your device memory, in the media card memory there are the same folders for ringtones, video, music, etc.

video needs mp4 files
    music and ringtones need mp3 files
    pictures can be jpeg jpg png and bmp
    01-29-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD