Hi - I'm brand new to BB and have a few dummy questions. I am trying to change my ringtone. It says to go to notification profiles and hit "advanced". this is not an option on my phone. My options are "notification basics", "LED notification", "custom notification", and notification profile troubleshooting" (which doesn;t appear to be at all helpful). How do I switch over my ringtone?

Also, for the ringer, there is a "phone only" option but no volume adjustment for that. how do i manage to have a loud ringer overnight that only announces phone calls, not email?

Thanks!
    12-28-09 10:39 AM
    It sounds like you are in the Help menu.

Go back to your home screen. Click the Profiles icon, then scroll way down (it may be off the screen at first) to Advanced... click that. Then scroll to the profile you want to edit, then click the menu key and select Edit. Then scroll down to Phone and click. Here is where you change the ringer, volume, etc.
    12-28-09 11:10 AM
    Oh, and you can also edit the tones and volumes for messages, etc. You can set up one of the existing profiles just the way you want it for nighttime or any other time. You can also create new profiles.
    12-28-09 11:12 AM
    You can also sent tones to a certain contact in address book by selecting contact, menu, edit, menu, add tone
    12-28-09 12:24 PM
    So, I am SUCH a dummy... Anyway, that was all very helpful but now the ringtone won't work at all. If I have it on just "tone" nothing sounds when I call the phone. If I have it on "tone + vibrate" the phone will vibrate but no ringtone. I think I'm just making matters worse...
    12-28-09 03:29 PM
    No, you're not. They kind of hid that feature.

Losing your sounds while you're playing around with profiles is a common problem. Do a "battery pull". The first time, you need to actually phyisically remove the battery. Wait at least 20 seconds before putting it back in.

Then download 'QuickPull Free" from here or app world, and set it up to run while you sleep. It's kind of sad that the BB needs this, but it cures a lot of ills.
    12-28-09 03:56 PM
    It worked - thanks!
    12-28-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD