Greetings,

I'm wondering if I can take an mp3 thats loaded onto my phone and turn it into a ring tone? Theres a ton of ring tones out there for the regular mostly top 40's etc. Not really the type of tunes I groove too...Please tell me this is possible?

Thank you!!
    06-12-08 06:10 PM
    You mean you have an mp3 and want to make it your ringtone?

Of course it's possible ^_^

You can use the DM to load it onto your phone or your memory card

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    06-12-08 06:59 PM
    I mean I have an Mp3 say from my Itunes that I can load onto my bb. But I want to also use it as a ring tone...this is possibly by your directions? Sorry Imma newwwwbie.
    06-12-08 07:01 PM
    yeah, but if you want a specific part of the song you'll have to run it through some kind of editor and chop it down a bit to the part you want... also check out

Free Ringtones - CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com
    06-12-08 07:04 PM
    The beginning part of the song is fine...but I guess itunes is an mp4...and it wont take to my DM...any tricks I should know?
    06-12-08 07:14 PM
    If you right-click on a music track in iTunes, there is an option to Convert Selection to some other format.
    Probably it says "Convert Selection to AAC", which is useless because your iTunes tracks are already in AAC format!
    So click on Edit / Preferences / Importing (or Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Importing) then change the Import Using from the default setting to "MP3 Encoder". Click OK to save this setting.
    06-12-08 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD