My first problem/question is this. I just switched out my memory card and I had a bunch of custom ring tones assigned for certain people. Well, some of the ringtones were on the card but i got new ones on this new card and all of the sudden they don't work. When someone calls me it just uses a generic tmobile ringtone instead of the custom one. I've went through the contacts-edit menu and changed them but they still don't work, any advice? Also, for at least one person it has the old ringtone when he calls instead of the new one I just assigned that shows up when I look at his profile.

My second question is, how do i delete ringtones? I've gone to the music menu and clicked on the song and then clicked on the BB button and chose delete, but the song just stays there, no matter how many times I "delete" it. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!
    02-05-08 09:18 AM
    I've got that same issue with stuff staying on my BB once I delete it (at least just the title). I've usually worked my way around it by messing with the Media Manager on my desktop.

As for the non-working ringtone issue... not sure if I follow? Have you tried copying them to your new card using Media Manager... maybe the "optimize for playback" option will fix the issue?
    02-05-08 11:00 AM
    My main problem is that it won't save any changes that I make as far as custom ringtones go. If I did have (song A) as my wife's custom ringtone, and I wanted to change it to (song B) I should be able to go to her name on my contact list and click Add Custom Tone, the problem is that it stays with (song A) even after I change it to (song B.) I don't know why it won't change. I've tried it on a bunch of different contacts and it doesn't seem to matter.
    02-05-08 01:25 PM
    Im having the exact same issue. It wont allow any of my custom tones to work, just my active profile ringer. Even with "exept for" selected.
    02-05-08 04:40 PM
    Regarding the deleted files staying there, try turning your phone off then on. It has worked for me before.
    02-05-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD