Okay, I just downloaded a tune from itunes in the plus format, which means it is supposed to play on all devices. It is in .m4a format. So I then used Roxio to load it to my media card in the ringtones folder. Then I set it as my phone tune by using the menu button while highlighting the song I wanted as my ringtone. Well for what ever reason it only plays about 2 seconds of the song then pauses and then plays the same two seconds over again. In an effort to determine if this happened with all my songs I selected other songs I had in my songs folder as my ringtone. No problem the song kept playing until I either answered the phone or hung up my other phone I was dialing in on. So I then deleted the song from the ringtones folder and put it in the songs folder. Same problem. The song plays just fine if I just play it. Also the other songs I experimented with were also .m4a files.

Any ideas? I really love this song and want it to play!
    03-12-08 08:43 PM
    As far as I know, iTunes will not work with BlackBerry due to them having DRM.
    03-12-08 08:52 PM
    The song from itunes is an itunes + and is not DRM protected. It plays just fine on my BB as a song. It just loops the first two seconds when used as a ringtone and none of my other songs loop when used as a ringtone.
    03-12-08 09:14 PM
    Could try converting it into an mp3 and see if it will work then. Just thinking that perhaps the encoder used to encode the audio doesn't play nice with BBs.
    03-12-08 10:25 PM
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I actually just took the easy way out and downloaded the song from amazon as an mp3 and it plays just fine as a ringtone now. I just find it odd that it plays as a song on my BB as a .m4a file but won't work as a ringtone. Anyway thanks for the help.
    03-13-08 09:36 AM
    It would probably be better to cut down the song to just the 30 seconds you want if you plan to use it as a ringtone.
    03-13-08 01:18 PM
    anyone want free music go to Jamglue.com it only really works for Hiphop and R and B Its a hip hop mixer website where you can download music and use the downloads to mix your own tracks but You can join it upload a few of your songs to expand the collection and you can find a Crap Load fo Music Free OF Charge basically anything the young kids are listening to these days so check out
    03-13-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD