On my 8330, I went into Profiles, Advanced, Loud, Show Ring Tones, and chose one of the mp3s I had dropped into my Ringtones folder on my media card. My ringtone is now set to my mp3 for Loud, but I can't figure out how to go back to a stock ringtone. I tried going into Loud, where it lists all the different events for rings, and opening the one for Phone, it says it is still set to my stock ringtone, but really it is set to my custom ringtone from the "Show Ring Tones" menu.

Help!
    01-31-09 06:24 PM
    Let me be sure I understand this correctly. When you edit your loud profile, it is displaying your stock ringtone, but your custom ringtone is playing? Did you save your changes? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.
    01-31-09 06:27 PM
    Correct jenay. If I look under "Phone [number] in Loud", it lists Ringer_BBPro_2 for Out of Holster, and Ringer_BBPro_2 for In Holster.

What I did initially though, was when I went into the Advanced options for Profiles, I pressed the menu button, selected Show Ring Tones, it showed me 2 custom ringtones that I have on my media card, I select one, press the menu button, scroll down and select Set As Ring Tone.
    01-31-09 06:34 PM
    What profile is set as the ACTIVE profile?
    01-31-09 06:37 PM
    Did you try deleting the custom ringtone?
    01-31-09 06:39 PM
    Loud is set as active Motorcycle.

I have not tried deleting the custom ringtone Jenay, as I still want to use them in the future.
    01-31-09 06:40 PM
    Try deleting the ringtone, then readd it to the device.
    01-31-09 06:41 PM
    Interesting, even after deleting the ringtone out of the Ringtones folder on my media card, the ring for Loud remains as the ringtone I deleted. I am assuming when you select "Use As Ringtone" when selecting a custom ringtone from the folder, that it copies it to Blackberry so it can use it?
    01-31-09 06:46 PM
    Hmm, that is pretty weird.
    01-31-09 06:48 PM
    Try another route. Go into your ringtones via your media folder. Choose a different ringtone and select menu>set as ringtone. See if that doesn't change.
    01-31-09 06:53 PM
    I've fixed it. I went into Phone [number] in Loud, switched the ringtone for In Holster and Out of Holster, saved it, went back in, and selected the same ringtones that were previously there before I had switched them to something else in Phone [number] in Loud.

In Summary, there were Ringer_BBPro_2 and Ringer_BBPro_1, I switched them to something random, saved, and then switched them back to Ringer_BBPro_2 and Ringer_BBPro_1. Now the ring is as it should be.

Is there a different way that I should be selecting custom ringtones in the future to avoid this glitch?
    01-31-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD