I love the loud volume of my ringtone but I wondered if it is possible to turn it down some without turning it all the way off.

Also does the Curve always vibrate first when put in the magnet case? I would prefer that it ring only because I don't always have it on my belt and when it vibrates first you don't have as much time to answer it based on hearing the ring tone.

I just can't seem to find the answers to either of these questions in the online manual.

I LOVE MY BOO BOO!!!
    12-24-07 03:57 PM
    You can go to Profiles and change it to Normal instead of loud. If you go to the Advanced features under Profiles, you can change the settings to just ring or just vibrate. Under there you'll also find a setting for "in holster" and "out of holster" so you can set it up however you like it! Hope that helps...
    12-24-07 04:00 PM
    I cannot seem to locate the factory installed ringtones on my curve. AT&T tech couldn't find it either!!??

Can someone help me with this?
    12-24-07 05:08 PM
    I am really pretty tech savvy but I just can't seem to get this figured out...My "loud" setting vibrates two times first and then it rings. The "normal" setting rings only but the volume is the same. My husband has the same phone and his is the same way.

I went into the advanced menu under profiles and couldn't find the holster option anywhere...my phone is the 8300....could they have changed that option in the 8310 and 8320? No matter what profile I choose it vibrates first when in the holster.
    12-24-07 05:08 PM
    bobfrankenburg, I can help you...I think...to find your preloaded ring tones click on media (that is the pic of the film reel), then on ringtones, then scroll down to preloaded ring tones.
    12-24-07 05:19 PM
    OK, thanks skibs...I finally found it. I was pushing the menu button on my active profile...I needed to click the trackball on my active profile and then click again on PHONE to find the holster option. They really did have that a bit buried.....thanks for your help!!!!
    12-24-07 05:26 PM
    Ok, is there a way to turn down the volume on my ringtone? I have gone to Profile (Normal) and its set to Low, but its still loud. I have a ringtone that I set for a specific caller and its still loud. Does anyone know how to adjust this? Thanks.
    04-08-08 04:15 PM
    Hi Holly C. I wonder if you had an answer to your ringtone problem yet? I have the same problem with my BB 8310. I set it in Normal ringtone but still too loud - how did you adjust it?

Thanks -
    04-25-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD