My blackberry stopped ringing and making sounds when its on any setting except loud, and when its on loud it only vibrates.
    It does this all the time! why does it keep changing by itself? how do i get the rings back?
    09-16-09 01:42 PM
    what are your profile settings set at ? ? ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:39 PM
    If you are running .169, .160, or .138, this is a known problem. It is sometimes referred to as profiles crashes. A battery pull will reset the ringers.

The only permanent fix is to put the profile.cod files from .131 into your Java folder on your computer and reload the OS on your BB, or load a hybrid OS that has the .131 profile files.

Blackngray70's .160/.131 and .169/.131 hybrids are two such hybrids available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:53 PM
    Download the .131 profile.cod files in the attached .zip file.

Copy them to your C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS Folder\Java folder

Then connect your BB to your usb port and go to your C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader folder and double-click on loader.exe to load the changes to your OS on your BB.
    09-16-09 03:52 PM
    I am having the same problem. I downloaded the file that the user above me recommended, but I have a Macbook. I don't know which folders to put this file in...can you help? Thanks!
    11-02-09 08:14 PM
    did you try a battery pull
    11-02-09 09:55 PM
    yes, a battery pull fixes it...but I have to do that once or twice a day. Very frustrating!
    11-03-09 08:43 AM
    Hi there,

Even if you changed your profile to ring differently, you should still scroll down to "advanced" at the bottom of the profile screen. You normally can't see this without scrolling down.

Once your on "advanced", press the trackball to pop up the new screen.

You will be in what ever profile screen with your choice being (Active) in the blue banner. Click the trackball and scroll to what you want to change now. Using your example, it should read "Loud" at the very top.

Scroll to "phone" and click again. You should have "phone in loud" at the top banner. You should also have two portions to play with. In holster, and out of holster.

You can check your other profiles, but it sounds like you have your phone settings might be set on "none". Hightlight this, press your trackball and change it to something else.

Good luck, let me know if this fixed the problems.
    11-03-09 09:55 AM
    I am having the same problem. I downloaded the file that the user above me recommended, but I have a Macbook. I don't know which folders to put this file in...can you help? Thanks!
    Not sure if the new dessktop for mac will load a hybrid os. I would check in the mac forums for help with directions or maybe the 101's have something there.
    11-03-09 10:04 AM
    12-31-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD