No matter what ring, on any profile I use, my Blackberry 8330 will always use the same one stock ringtone.

Has anyone run into this issue before?
    03-18-09 10:33 AM
    Never had the issue. Make sure its saved to use whatever tone you want, if that is correct and its still not working - leave the phone on and pull the battery out, 30 seconds later replace it and see if that sorts it..
    03-18-09 10:48 AM
    Battery was pulled, I reset the rings to COOLRUNNINS (a stock ring) on both line 1 and 2 (line 2 clones the settings of line 1), saved it, made sure the profile I edited (LOUD) was the set profile, tried calling my phone from a lan line, and the ring is still the BBring_4 or w/e it's called.
    Last edited by mysticode; 03-18-09 at 12:57 PM.
    03-18-09 11:01 AM
    I've done a wipe on the phone, issue remains
    03-18-09 04:12 PM
    If I go under profiles, and try to add a new exception, the custom ringer is set to Ringer_bbpro_4, the same one being used whenever I get a guy.

It looks to me that maybe an exception is being activated, but I don’t have one set!

Update: If I go into Advanced, and then into Normal, click the menu button and select Show Ring Tones, find my ringtone I want, and select it, my ring is now succesfully the one I just chose for the Normal profile. This isn't really a fix though
    Last edited by mysticode; 03-18-09 at 04:26 PM.
    03-18-09 04:23 PM
    If I go under profiles, and try to add a new exception, the custom ringer is set to Ringer_bbpro_4, the same one being used whenever I get a guy.

It looks to me that maybe an exception is being activated, but I don�t have one set!

Update: If I go into Advanced, and then into Normal, click the menu button and select Show Ring Tones, find my ringtone I want, and select it, my ring is now succesfully the one I just chose for the Normal profile. This isn't really a fix though
    Does anyone know where I can download that ringer?
    Ringer_BBPRO_4 ? I want to use it on an entirely different phone.
    (I don't have a Blackberry)
    03-27-09 04:08 PM

It looks to me that maybe an exception is being activated, but I don�t have one set!

Well I recently got the latest firmware for my 8330, and this problem remains. If I set my ringer with the "easy way" like I mentioned in the "Update:" above, and then delete the audio track from my BB, it goes back to using ringer_bbpro_4.

Anyone with an idea on how to resolve this? I'm ready to just call this a hardware issue and try to get a new curve
    06-05-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD