I need to know how to turn on and off the ringer on my 8330, not matter what setting I have it on it does not ring, it vibrates. I am not sure if I turned something off or what but I have tried everything I can think of.
    04-13-10 04:00 PM
    First thing Id do make sure the phone isnt on silent go into media try playing anything with sound or can you use your speaker phone...if not your speaker is gone take it in. otherwise do a battery pull this normally fixes it.. if not update your software if all these things fail its a hard ware issue..hope you have some warranty...

I work for a cellphone dealership have had this problem alot of times.
    04-13-10 04:45 PM
    Click on the speaker in the upper right hand corner. It has all your preloaded sound profiles in it. You can also edit them from there, just keep scrolling down. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 05:01 PM
    Also, see if its set to vibrate + tone.
    Took me a few times to realize I was answering after the vibrate but before the tone, didn't realize it didn't do them at the same time.

04-13-10 06:16 PM
    the different profiles are time consuming to set up but well worth the effort. Nice thing about the BB is you can customize pretty much every single notification. I use 4 different profile through the day, Quiet, normal, loud and a custom profile Outside.
    04-13-10 07:12 PM
    If you hold down the Q key it toggles between vibrate mode and currently selected profile.

04-13-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD