Okay...I'm new too

There are a million acronyms SMS MMS, etc...and you can set all the volumes differently with different ringers (like most phones) but is there any way to turn down the volume of the ringer w/o having to change the setting (in profiles loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, etc) ...and there are only really 3 volumes settings...am I right?

Also, do the ringtones you set repeat when someone calls you...bc some of the shorter ones are the only ones I like...and they only beep or whatever...one time...that's not enough!

One more...I swear...

What is the actual difference btw SMS MMS and emails?? bc I have 2 email addresses set up to this phone and all my msgs just go into the "message" folder...not the proper email folders...

Thanks!!!!!
    08-01-07 10:53 PM
    What does it mean when they ask you to set 2 different ringtone options...one for holster and one for w/o??

Which one is actually the one that rings??
    08-01-07 10:56 PM
    wow! i was the same way you were.. well, i'm still learning... but
    the sms is the text messages.. i ahve no clue what it stands for... the mms is for pictures messages... i also was having the same thing with the email going into folders... i posted it somewhere on here and someone responded with good info.... i hope they repost it again for you.. if not then go look for my post under momo... of course i cant remember what it they said though.
    hope i helped alitle bit!
    08-02-07 12:09 AM
    To fix the email messages going into one folder you could just go to your messages, and click your trackwheel (or ball) anywhere. Scroll down and click on options, then click on general options. You should see a setting that says sms and email inboxes. You can change this to be combined, seperate, or set by theme, change it to separate, this may help. If not, I'm at a loss, but atleast I tried.

and sms stands for Short Message Service..
    08-02-07 12:27 AM
    SMS = short messaging system

MMS = Multimedia Messaging Service

EMAIL = Electronic Mail

yes your ringtones will repeat

differences between email, SMS , Email...hmmm i could go into a big long spiel abt the ACTUAL differences but lets just chalk it up and say they are all different forms of communication on devices, computers etc..

and to seperate your emails from your SMS and MMS go to ''messages'' folder...tap the button with all the lil dots on it (application also known as menu button) and go to ''options'' ---> General Options---scroll to bottom where it says ''SMS and Email inboxes, hit the application/menu/all the lil dots on it button and choose ''seperate''....no all your MMS and SMS will have their own folder and email will be seperate...

08-02-07 12:34 AM
    One is for when your device is in your holster as the holster helps with auto locking your device (some ppl may wish for it to vibrate so they can feel it on their belt etc..etc) and the other is for when it is out of the holster unlocked (possibly sitting on a table where a vibration would not be felt).
    08-02-07 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD