Ok Guys....

... I am trying to add a different ring tone to different contacts in my phone. I can't figure it out. I am also trying to change my ring back on my phone with little luck....

Anyone want to help a BB virgin? First BB and I love it, just a little frustrated!!!

Babyshooz68
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 07-05-09 at 11:04 AM. Reason: content moderation
    07-05-09 08:34 AM
    Easiest way to add a ring tone to a person is to go to the contact in the address book. Hit the menu key and select add custom ring tone. As far as the ring back tones, I have no idea. I dont use them. Hope this helps you out and welcome to CB.
    07-05-09 08:51 AM
    Ringbacks are a carrier function. Log into your MyVerizon account and change them there.
    07-05-09 08:53 AM
    Ringbacks are a carrier function. Log into your MyVerizon account and change them there.
    Ahh, learn something new everyday. Thanx mama. Whats funny is I dont care what they listen to while calling me.....lol
    07-05-09 08:55 AM
    I noticed you got a few answers already but here's a more in depth way to do it. I had already wrote a whole novel so I might as well just post it. I hope I don't confuse you or anyone else. HA HA

Welcome to CB! I'm not with Verizon but I have an 8320 that should be similar to your 8330. If you want to add a custom ring tone to a contact, try doing this. Go to your "address book", highlight the name of the contact and press the trackball. After that, hit the menu button (the one next to the send button) select EDIT. Hit the menu button again and select Add Custom Ring Tone. You'll notice at the bottom, under notes, that there's a field that says Custom Ring Tone to the left and then to the right there might be a default ring tone. Press on the default ring tone and it'll give you a list. Choose the ring tone you desire from the list or choose browse to select one from your own MP3 ring tones. Just make sure you choose the correct place where the MP3 ring tone is at.

To change your phones ring tone, go to your PROFILES. Scroll down to ADVANCED. You might see six options. Select NORMAIL(Active). Scroll down and select PHONE. Go down to where it says Ring Tone and press the trackball. You'll be presented with all your preloaded ring tones and also the browse option. It's your choice if you want a ring tone from the preloaded ones or your own MP3s. Your choice.

I hope I was clear enough and I hope that helps. This is what I got from my 8320 but it should be the same on your 8330.
    07-05-09 09:12 AM
    Easiest way to add a ring tone to a person is to go to the contact in the address book. Hit the menu key and select add custom ring tone. As far as the ring back tones, I have no idea. I dont use them. Hope this helps you out and welcome to CB.
    This will also work but I noticed when I tried doing that it didn't show my media cards content.
    07-05-09 09:16 AM
    you guys are awesome....thank you!!!
    07-05-09 09:18 AM
    On behalf of everyone, THANKS. We know we're awesome. I'm still learning since it's my first BB that I own. I love it. :-)
    07-05-09 09:20 AM
    My question also has to do with ringtones and my alarm!! When I pick a tone for my alarm it goes off but there is no sound!! When I pull up the ringtones that came with the phone they don't play! I've checked my volume levels and they are set right but just no sound please can somebody help me out!! I've had this BB curve 8310 for about a year now and its the best device ever!!! Love it love it love it!!! I will never use anything else!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:00 AM
    My question also has to do with ringtones and my alarm!! When I pick a tone for my alarm it goes off but there is no sound!! When I pull up the ringtones that came with the phone they don't play! I've checked my volume levels and they are set right but just no sound please can somebody help me out!! I've had this BB curve 8310 for about a year now and its the best device ever!!! Love it love it love it!!! I will never use anything else!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I suspect your profile is set to Mute, that would explain the silent notifier.

From your BlackBerry home screen, open Profiles. Scroll to the bottom and select Advanced. Select your Active profile, usually Normal. Highlight the service you want to change, Phone for example. Press the trackball to bring up the settings screen.

You have two setting available, In or Out of holster. Highlight the setting for Volume and press trackball. Select anything except Mute and save the changes.
    07-05-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD