downloaded two ring tones from a crackberry recommended site - can't remember which one.... they are very very loud. I was using them as distinctive rings, not my main ring, so if I turn down my ring volume then I'll never heard my main ring.

Any advice how to change/modify the volume of the ring tone?
    Thanx
    09-01-07 03:53 PM
    Check, here! Also, during the changes, in the phone section, when choosing the ringtone, you can set high, medium and low...
    09-01-07 03:57 PM
    if your any good with audio programs you can downsample the audio, nero wav editor will do this for you then convert it back to .mp3 format, I'd give you a guided walk through but I'm currently at work and it's not accessable to me....or you can follow navilyns guide for specific ringtones.
    09-01-07 03:57 PM
    either the guided walk through at your pleasure or point me to Navilyn's directions.... thank you so much
    09-01-07 04:51 PM
    Navilyn! Now I get it!

I was looking at the forum in a thread view and didn't see you there!

Not sure what John Clark's "nope" is in reference to but I'll follow your lead, Nav. Thanx
    09-01-07 09:04 PM
    Let's take a step back here. Your initial responce did not make sense. But, once one read the previous message then it made sense. I'd posted I was confused, and was I the only one, John replied 'nope' (which I've since deleted)...

Anyway, as per my previous post, if you go here, it gives a walkthrough of how to create / edit profiles. What I'm saying is during that process there is an option to switch tones from low, medium & LOUD, in the volume section of the profile(s)...

Make sense? Anyway, let us know if that corrects your issue...
    09-02-07 12:36 AM
    Navilyn, I have read your post about editing profiles. Read it way back actually - love the images - so unless I'm doing it wrong it does not help. Let me try again.

My normal profile rings the classic ring for all phone calls except my husband. He has a distinctive ring - an mp3 that I downloaded. I have the classic ring set for medium loudness. When my husband calls it rings at superduper high - the whole office knows when he calls. I had to change it to one of the pre-recorded tones.

When I went to edit profile I did not see a way to turn down just this one mp3 ring. Did I miss it?

Thanx for sticking with me!
    09-02-07 07:57 AM
    NOW we're getting somewhere!!!

That particular ringtone will have to be re-recorded at the required volume level...
    09-02-07 09:16 AM
    Are there directions somewhere for that? Maybe that's not a BB-related thing... hhhmmmmm...

I can follow directions... or if someone has a link I'll follow that.

Or sadly I'll just have to stick with the pre-recorded ring tones...<sniff>
    09-05-07 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD