I have email from a work account being sent to my BB Curve 8310. It's forwarding fine, but I'm also getting some RIM message about a million times w/ a header of something like "RIM_sfretggssggs-etsgs-gstr-8sgreg7fe-6354653165" from network@etp1007.etp.na.blackberry.net (where the bold part is different). The message body is "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

Is there any way to stop these messages from being sent to my BB, or are they a necessary evil? A co-worker has a different BB ISP carrier, and he doesn't get these, so it would seem it's possible to NOT get them.

Thanks for any help!!!
    01-05-09 10:38 AM
    This same issue just started happening to me today as well. Tried resending service books but still getting them???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:04 AM
    thats known as a flycatcher message. Basicly its like you mail man showing up at your door with out your mail. somewhere down the line its just dropping the mail, you'll have to call you tech support and have em fix it. you can also try deleteing you e-mail and then setting it right back up and see if that helps.
    01-05-09 11:09 AM
    I'm getting these emails sent to me every 30 minutes. It is driving me crazy.

I've been on the phone with Verizon twice and they think they fix it but the emails just keep on coming. The subject line is: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

The message reads: This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 108
    AWGw8/EAAAAAIBAIMzAzN0ExRTUgEWptY2Nhbm5Ab2lnZmwuY29tAJXM wOxQBUNNSU1FA0CA
    gICAMgAAMENBOUU5NkNGK0crMQCeHXWcVqJNq/mhpSy+IJmmABnM6wy6F5L/PCE8ipcUq6rg
    ENDETP 1189751671

If anybody knows how to stop this please let me know I have over 100 so far.
    01-05-09 11:09 AM
    Yep, I've been getting them since I set up this email account. I resent the service books, but that didn't stop the extra emails. Aggravating. :-)
    01-05-09 11:10 AM
    I think this might be the message which is usually seen after a failed attempt to launch the BES registration process (often by accident from a BIS-hosted device). IIRC it will time out and clear after about 24 hours.
    01-05-09 11:11 AM
    okay thanks for the tip. I'll try deleting my email and setting it back up again.
    01-05-09 11:12 AM
    I am having the same problem and have gone to Verizon. Still occuring. Is it something that is setup on my laptop? What is the Blackberry Desktop Redirector? Do I need that to get my email on my blackberry?
    01-07-09 04:08 PM
    To eliminate this auto notce B.S.

Unistall you desktop software and reinstall but select the "personal" option and not the redirector or server option.

This is what Verizon just had me do. It can take up to 24 hours for the automated messages to stop.

We will see if this works??
    02-26-09 12:40 PM
    02-26-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD