I've seen a lot of threads talking about the Memory Leak issues with the Curve; yet I still haven't learned what causes this and if there's a fix to this problem? Usually my BB has about 18-19 MB free, throughout the day it keeps decreasing and by night will show as low as 13mb Free.. However as soon as I do a battery-pull it goes back up.. Hmmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 08:05 PM
    Memory leaks can be caused by applications that request memory allocation to run a task, but then never return this allocation back to the memory. Leaving an app running can do that. This is why it is recommended to close any app when you finished using it, so that it doesn't continue using the memory. Low memory can also be caused by having too much pics, emails, text messages, videos, apps, and what not stored on the device's memory.
    06-18-08 08:19 PM
    heres some help to free up some memory..and it's FREE>>> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-18-08 08:23 PM
    I always had a problem with my 8830we with memory.. then again it had less mem to begin with than my curve. I would have days where I would lose my phone log, then emails would drop off from days ago... I would look at the status and there would be 0mb left... pull battery then fine !!

My curve has been holding around 21mb so it keeps me happier, but still I check to see what is still running and close it...

I wish we could close even more than it allows us when looking at the apps that are running.

Right now my biggest fear is the new viigo... that was a memory hog for me before.
    06-18-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD