Greeting all! I am trying to restore all my stuff from my previous curve onto the replacement (lights went out on other one). I back-up my phone at least once a week and also did a back-up just before placing all my stuff (sim card & memory card) into my replacement phone. I plugged my phone into the computer, conected to DM and restored the last back-up onto my replacement. Everything (address book, pics, voicenotes, texts, emails, etc.) restored but the 2 map programs, myspace, and games that i downloaded did not. I tried to restore the phone twice but still can't get the stuff back. Where did they go? What else should I try to get the stuff back?
    01-28-09 05:47 PM
    Search the forum for backing up 3rd party applications. There is a thread that gives step by step instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 05:48 PM
    01-28-09 05:49 PM
    thanks, i'll check that out now!
    01-28-09 05:50 PM
    Use the Change Device Wizard in DM, it will give you the option to tranfer over 3rd party apps. Works like a DREAM, I went from an 8130 to an 8330 on Monday (2 days ago) and the only things it did NOT transfer were programs that were specific to the 8130, or ones that were registered by PIN to the 8130. Even transferred my BB Messenger contacts, and when you use it the first time, you can send out a PIN Update Notice to all of your contacts
    01-28-09 05:50 PM
    Now that Im thinkg about it if you didnt do the device switch wizard you might have lost your third party apps. Usually before I do an upgrade I backup my third party apps following the instructions in the link I just gave you. But if you didnt do this before you might have to download the stuff again.
    01-28-09 05:53 PM
    I still have my orignal phone (haven't mailed it in yet). Should i go back to my original and then follow the info on the link?
    01-28-09 05:54 PM
    I would wipe your new phone. options/security options/general settings then hit menu key and wipe handheld. Start desktop manager and do the device switch wizard. It should move everything over for you.
    01-28-09 06:05 PM
    Thank you all so much for your responses but I still couldn't get it to work after trying all the recommendations. I'll just search the net to find the apps but this time I will keep note of where they came from so it won't be such a mess the next time. Thanks again!
    01-29-09 10:26 AM
    These instructions were gold for me. When my bb bricked, I was glad I had made backups. It worked perfectly.

01-29-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD