I posted earlier about trying to migrate from my Treo 680 to Curve/8310. Well, I did use a Curve until July 2009, a month ago, and I did backup everything during that period. Since I'm having so much trouble migrating the current 680 data, I figured I'd migrate the previous Curve data and just plug what I added.

I have that backup file, but I do NOT want to restore the applications, settings--I only want to restore the memos and contacts, absolutely nothing else. However, it seems intent on restoring everything, I don't see anyway to get what I want.

Tips?

LRH
    08-07-09 07:11 PM
    I did figure it out, partially on account of a website I found at (tinyurl/lykpbf) (if you know how to reconstruct that link into tinyurl syntax, then you can easily get there--sorry, I still can't post full links yet).

The way I did it:

(1) Connect the Blackberry
    (2) Open up Desktop Manager
    (3) Click "Backup and Restore"
    (4) I hit "restore" and picked the file I had made before (OK), but then canceled before it could do anything. It gave me an error message, but oh well (not sure it would've done anything just yet anyway, it might've asked me to confirm, but I didn't want to chance it)
    (5) I then hit the "Advanced" tab

On the left-hand side, I simply picked "Address Book" and "Memos" (I also did Calendar) and clicked the right-arrow. That caused it to restore those items ONLY to the Blackberry.
    08-07-09 11:13 PM
    I'm glad it all worked out for you. Sometimes DM can be a real pain to work with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 05:14 AM
    Wow, that was the hard way...

Next time, after you open Backup/Restore, click on Advanced. Then click on the File link in the upper left of the window and navigate to your backup file. DM will read the backup file and display the databases that are available in the file in the left side of the window. Select the database you want to restore, then click on the button in the middle with the >> on it to transfer the database to your BB. Repeat for any other database you want to restore.

That is how you do an Advanced, or selective restore and not a full restore.
    08-08-09 06:52 AM
    Wow, that was the hard way...

Next time, after you open Backup/Restore, click on Advanced. Then click on the File link in the upper left of the window and navigate to your backup file. DM will read the backup file and display the databases that are available in the file in the left side of the window. Select the database you want to restore, then click on the button in the middle with the >> on it to transfer the database to your BB. Repeat for any other database you want to restore.

That is how you do an Advanced, or selective restore and not a full restore.
    Worked perfectly for me! Thanx for sharing.
    07-07-10 06:53 PM
    Worked perfectly for me! Thanx for sharing.
    Good for you.

Thanks for using the Search function.
    07-07-10 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD