I am getting really frustrated with my curve...it seems when I go to certain websites, my curve resets itself...it shuts off, red light comes up, and then the hourglass takes 5 minutes or so. It comes up "verifying security updates" or something like that.

It has happened with different websites...an nfl website...a dog website...nothing special, at least I don't think they are.

I like using my blackberry to visit websites, but not if it's gonna do that...is it a common problem with other blackberries as well?
    10-20-09 06:51 PM
    Check your file free memory (Options, Status).

Also, you may have a battery that is going bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 07:24 PM
    the battery is at 95%...it usually lasts a couple of days. The file free says 4243748. I don't have much on it. I'm not a hard core user. In fact I don't think I have put any additional programs on it.
    10-21-09 09:06 AM
    Try a battery pull. See if that helps. If not, if you have a media card, remove it and see if it stops.
    10-21-09 09:18 AM
    the battery is at 95%...it usually lasts a couple of days. The file free says 4243748. I don't have much on it. I'm not a hard core user. In fact I don't think I have put any additional programs on it.
    If you copied the file free correctly, you free memory is very low, and this is one cause of your problems. Depending on the device memory limit set in Media options, you will need 5 - 10 Mb's of free memory, and you file free is showing a little over 4 mb's. Do a battery pull and check your file free again.
    10-21-09 09:46 AM
    I would check how much email you have on the phone and start deleting anything older than a month and tell the phone to keep only 30 days of email. Clear browser cache, ect...

This is a good thread in the faq/how-to section about increasing your free file memory:
    http : / / forums.crackberry dot com/f3/how-increase-blackberry-s-file-free-memory-34633/

I just upgraded to the latest version of BBOS for my phone (4.5.0.175) and everything is there but i gained ~20mb of available memory. IDK what it cleaned out but it helped alot.

HTH
    -Seraph2029
    10-21-09 01:45 PM
    ok...so it now has 7880991...I deleted a bunch of pictures that I had. I will go ahead and take a look at that link you gave me.

So, can I ask something else? What is considered low memory? Do some blackberries just come with more memory than others?
    10-21-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD