I downloaded the new version of Messenger to my phone recently and have been having problems with it resetting itself anywhere from 5-7 times a day. It is annoying as ****. Before I updated, it was just freezing up and technically just being a *******. I would have to pull the battery, blah, blah, blah. Now it is being a even bigger one. Resets itself for no reason. Just laying there when it does it. Freezes up, won't send messages sometimes, etc. Any ideas what its' problem may be? Thanks!
    10-30-09 01:46 PM
    Uninstall the new BBM -- does the problem still occur? sounds like there's something else messing up your phone.
    10-30-09 01:58 PM
    Are you low on memory? If it gets below 12MB app memory, it might start resetting and deleting messages. Make sure you close apps when you are not using them and don't keep them running in the backround. Also you might want to upgrade your OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:02 PM
    Check your free memory. BBM 5.0 does take up a bit more room on your curve.

10-30-09 02:26 PM
    If your file free memory is ok, take your memory card out and see if your problems go away.

A corrupted file/filesystem on your card can cause freezing/lagging/rebooting/shutdowns.

Move your files off your card, reformat the card (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card). Then move your files back to your card.

10-30-09 03:23 PM
    Did you download the BBM from appworld? If you did uninstall it and download from the link below! People were having problems with the one from appworld...

http://www.blackberry.com/send/messenger
    10-30-09 03:27 PM
    Thank you everyone! I am going to bet it is the messenger. I downloaded it from AppWorld. Will remove and re-install. Thank you!
    11-04-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD