and what about my sim card does it wipe all that is saved to it????
    08-23-10 05:12 PM
    does this wipe my saved messages and all
    and what about my sim card does it wipe all that is saved to it????
    If by "this" you mean the discussion of loader resettofactory, then yes, resetting to factory will wipe your saved messages. I don't think it will affect your SIM, but I've never used a phone that had a SIM, so I can't be sure. To be safe, you can always remove the SIM before you reset.
    08-23-10 08:03 PM
    i got a question. I have my blackberry unlocked so i could use it overseas, but i really need to reset my phone. so im just wondering, if i reset my berry, will it remove the "unlock" on mmy phone? help please..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 11:23 PM
    i got a question. I have my blackberry unlocked so i could use it overseas, but i really need to reset my phone. so im just wondering, if i reset my berry, will it remove the "unlock" on mmy phone? help please..

Once it is unlocked, it always stays unlocked.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-28-10 12:28 PM
    hi, i have a blackberry 8120 which was workin fine until today wen i switched it on the screen is black although if i look reallly close i can still see the blackberry logo when i switch it ON..is there a way of reseting the fone to factory default?? i cant manually do it because i cant see where the option are on the screen..thank you..
    11-13-10 06:29 AM
    I have a curve 8330 that I want to sell on Ebay - it has not been live with Verizon for quite some time. I go to the general settings section and do not even see a 'menu' or 'wipe' option. I would like to wipe all my personal information and my settings off it before I sell it. Can someone help me? I am not sure what loader.exe is - - I see that mentioned here too.
    11-15-10 08:26 AM
    I actually found the WIPE I performed the wipe, but all my applications are still on the phone. Seems to have taken off my wallpaper - but I am not sure it did much else
    11-15-10 08:38 AM
    Essential steps to prepare your phone for sale:
    1. If you are an ordinary BIS user, perform a security wipe: Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld. If you are a BES admin, wipe using this procedure to remove the IT Policy: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    2. Format or remove any Media card. Wiping the device does not delete data on the card.
    3. Contact your carrier and release your pin.
    4. Remove your phone number using Step 4a or 4b as appropriate.
    4a. GSM users: Remove your SIM. That takes your phone number out of your device.
    4b. CDMA users: Dial ##000000 and press Send. Delete the Mobile Directory Number and replace it with another 10-digit number that won't violate anyone's privacy. 2025551212 is a good choice. Then press the BB button and select Save. Allow the phone to reboot.

11-15-10 11:16 AM
    Thank you !! I have done all of the above. The only thing I cannot do is erase the applications - I do not have the BB software on my computer any longer. Is there any way to erase them from the phone?
    11-15-10 11:38 AM
    Sure. Go into the Applications list, select an app, press menu, and select Delete.

11-15-10 11:43 AM
    JeffH i need your help... I know this is the wrong section of the forum to ask but I'm going to ask any ways.
    I have a black berry bold 9700 9780 ( not sure).

I change my password last night i forgot what i changed it to.. I'm stuck in a small town right now for work so i can't go to rogers to get them to take off my password.

What button combination do i have to do when i boot up my blackberry so it will to a factory reset boot?
    11-20-10 05:53 PM
    Rogers can't remove your password. There's no back door and no master password. All you can do is enter the password incorrectly 10 times and follow the instructions to wipe your device. That will erase all your personal info and remove the password. Then you can reload from your most recent backup.

Before you do that, there's one thing to try. If you think you know your password, but it's not working, it may be because you assumed it was numeric. The keyboard does not default to numeric, so if you think you entered 1234, but you didn't put the keyboard in numlock first, then you actually entered wers. Try that before you wipe it out.
    11-20-10 06:05 PM
    thx did the password thing.
    11-21-10 02:22 PM
    Many PDAs have he ability to be "hard" reset, AKA "factory" reset by a key sequence at power up rather than via menu commands when the OS is opertional. This can be the only option when situations like mine, the trackpad won't allow moving between various options to select them, or possibly like one writer, the screen is blank but the devide is still "alive". I know of the "soft" reset using 3-key sequence, but I need to scrub all of my contact data, or factory reset the phone, before sendnig it back to RIM. Certainly there is a geek option for this phone to perform a factory reset in the manner required? As an option to this, is there a way to manuver the options via keystroke in place of the trackpad, so I could get to the options menu to perform a wipe?
    12-19-10 09:23 AM
    You can download CrackUtil, http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/, or JL_Cmder, JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility. Both install on a PC, not on your BlackBerry, and will allow you to wipe the personal data from your device.
    12-19-10 11:49 AM
    Hi JeffH,

Im having trouble with my 8800, It seems that it is draining battery too fast! I know this because i have another 8800 that seems to be working fine, when i exchanged their batteries, the other one still worked fine while the other still drains battery fast.

It always flashes an hourglass sign from time to time. and when the battery gets drained, when i turn on, all the recent contacts, calls, messages and settings doesnt get saved. I still have a lot of free memory. its still working fine as a fone, except for the batt and missing last saved settings. i already did a reboot, upgrade to 4.5 and also a wipe. nothing seems to work. i'm pretty much sure it has something to do with the hourglass coming out from time to time.

Thanks!
    01-04-11 09:56 AM
    Go to options, security options, and then press the menu key and then press wipe handheld
    01-04-11 07:34 PM
    I have an 8330 running OS 5 with the Precision Zen theme that I installed. If I do a wipe, I know OS 5 will still be there, and not revert to 4.5. But, will the Precision Zen theme still be there, or will that have to be reinstalled?

Thanks!
    01-06-11 12:38 AM
    I saw somewhere that the "Wipe" option displayed above removes all data from the device but does not actually perform a hard reset to factory default.

To hard reset to factory default, they said to gold down the <alt>-<shift>-<del> buttons all at the same time (yes, it takes some doing) and that hard resets to factory default)

Anyone know about this?

Just tried the alt shift del. Didn't reset my blackberry, but restarted it.
    02-22-11 01:04 PM
    To hard reset to factory default, they said to gold down the <alt>-<shift>-<del> buttons all at the same time (yes, it takes some doing) and that hard resets to factory default)
    False, alt-right shift-del reboots the device, it doesn't reset it to factory default.

Just tried the alt shift del. Didn't reset my blackberry, but restarted it.
    That's all it does. The info you quoted is wrong.
    02-22-11 01:11 PM
    For posterity's sake on this topic, if you have OS6 you can just type "wipe" on the home screen and then click the Options icon from the search results list. Select Security Wipe and make sure both the user data and User Installed Applications option is checked.
    03-15-11 12:09 PM
    @JeffH

I have "unofficially" upgraded to OS 6 and need to downgrade and then carry out a wipe.

How do i downgrade and what is the JL_Cmder feature that you refer to ?
    03-19-11 04:12 PM
    i need to do a complete wipe or reset or whatever you call it when the phone has no data and you can establish a new password. i forgot the unlock password on my 8520 and i can't pass it along to anyone else to use (i.e. my daughter) until i do the reset. how do i reset the device without knowing the unlock password?
    06-15-11 08:44 AM
    i need to do a complete wipe or reset or whatever you call it when the phone has no data and you can establish a new password. i forgot the unlock password on my 8520 and i can't pass it along to anyone else to use (i.e. my daughter) until i do the reset. how do i reset the device without knowing the unlock password?
    If you enter the current password incorrectly 10 times, all the personal data will be wiped off the device and you can establish a new password.
    06-15-11 09:09 AM
    I got a question I hope you can help me with. I recently updated my Blackberry 8330. Before the update when I clicked on the browser it went to the "go to" page. After the update it now goes to Blackberry help and support when the browser is clicked. how can I make it go to the "go to" page. Your help is appreciated Thanks!!!!
    06-17-11 04:50 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD