How do I reset my curve to factory settings...so that it is like brand new when I pulled it out of the box?
    08-23-08 04:47 PM
    Go to Options > Security > General > Press Menu > Wipe Handheld.
    Perezan and lindzlu20 like this.
    08-23-08 04:53 PM
    A hard reset and having your curve return to "factory state" are two different things. For a hard reset, you can pull out the battery while the phone is still on, leave it out for 30 seconds, and then put it in.

This will erase all info on the BB

For a wipe (start from scratch):

Go to options>security options>general settings, and then hit menu. Go to wipe handheld and click
    08-23-08 04:54 PM

If you've updated your BB to an unofficial Os downgrade then do a wipe. Options>secuity>general setting>wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>Menu>Wipe Handheld. That will put it into out of the box condition.

Edit: wow, when I typed this, nobody had replied yet. lol...Gotta love CB.
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld

This will remove everything you've put on the BlackBerry, except for OS upgrades. If you've upgraded the OS, you'll have to use JL_Cmder to wipe that, then reinstall an OS. If you haven't installed a newer OS, and you'd know it if you did it, then the Wipe is fine. Be sure you backup your contacts, etc first. They will all be removed, as will any themes, programs, etc that you've installed.
    08-23-08 04:56 PM
    You guys are wonderful!! Thank you so much!! :-)
    Anita
    08-23-08 04:59 PM
    Glad this post was here. Thanks for the advice.
    11-02-08 07:07 PM
    Hello...

I have a 7100i... I had the Enterprise Server Option put on via my company. Which forced me to have a password. I upgraded my phone and so I am going to sell the 7100i, but, even when I do a Wipe on it, it does not take the password option off, (wont let me disable it), nor will it clear out my companies information in the policy (in the General Settings). I need help quickly!!
    01-22-09 01:55 PM
    You have two choices. The best is to get your employer's IT dept to remove the IT Policy. If they can't or won't, then you can perform the steps in this procedure: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-22-09 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo
    01-22-09 02:02 PM
    great stuff on here for lots of folks
    01-22-09 08:18 PM
    I find the 12-3.5-00 method works pretty well too for wiping the information off a berry...

01-22-09 11:40 PM
    I have an 8310 and I want to do a wipe, got a little nervous about doing it: I got a message that my applications data will be lost message service and other services will be turned off.. So will I need to take it back to the service provider to get it back working? New to blackberry
    01-26-09 01:19 AM
    im curious how to actually restore the handheld to factory everything.. for example, my blackberry 8520 im trying to sell and get rid of is still receiving my hotmail email. i deleted the service books for the email which has worked in the past but this time even with every service book deleted its still receiving them. wiping handheld doesnt affect this. what do i do.
    12-18-09 07:15 PM
    I saw somewhere that the "Wipe" option displayed above removes all data from the device but does not actually perform a hard reset to factory default.

To hard reset to factory default, they said to gold down the <alt>-<shift>-<del> buttons all at the same time (yes, it takes some doing) and that hard resets to factory default)

Anyone know about this?
    05-08-10 06:25 AM
    I saw somewhere that the "Wipe" option displayed above removes all data from the device but does not actually perform a hard reset to factory default.

To hard reset to factory default, they said to gold down the <alt>-<shift>-<del> buttons all at the same time (yes, it takes some doing) and that hard resets to factory default)

Anyone know about this?
    Alt-R.Shift-Del simply reboots the phone, analogous to Ctrl-Alt-Del on a PC. It doesn't wipe or delete anything.
    05-08-10 06:36 AM
    Go to Options > Security > General > Press Menu > Wipe Handheld.

That is NOT how to Reset to Factory Default. That is how to perform a Security Wipe, which is not the same. The Security Wipe procedure does NOT erase configurations and settings, only data.

The answer is: loader.exe /resettofactory
    See article KB18998 at the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center
    blackberry.com/btsc
    05-14-10 02:44 PM
    While anon lynx is close, even loader.exe /resettofactory doesn't truly return your device to the "Factory Out Of the Box" configuration, because it doesn't restore your original OS. That never used to be an issue, but with the terrible OS upgrades being released by some carriers, and the proliferation of hybrids of all sorts, it really would be convenient to be able to push one button and get your device back to a known good state. Unfortunately it just isn't that simple.
    05-14-10 02:55 PM
    I had to do this yesterday so I could reprovision my old 8330 to give to my daughter.

First you need your MSL code. Call your carrier, find it somehow. Not sure how to find it muself, got it from Sprint

Once you have it, wipe the device.

Then, after it reboots go to the phone screen, dial ##RTN and hit send like you're making a call.

On the screen that pops up, enter the MSL.

When it reboots, it should say "Activation Required"

05-14-10 03:54 PM
    ...First you need your MSL code. ...
    What you are describing is unlocking your phone. That has nothing whatsoever to do with restoring a phone to its factory out of the box condition.
    05-14-10 07:21 PM
    After doing that, its not unlocked, just ready to be activated on the network its locked to.

But the phone number and associated email accounts are gone, like it was when I got it.

Unless I'm mistaken about what "unlocking" means, I've always thought that was unlocking from carrier A and reprogramming for carrier B.
    Last edited by sickboy719; 05-14-10 at 09:45 PM.
    05-14-10 09:36 PM
    After doing that, its not unlocked, just ready to be activated on the network its locked to.

But the phone number and associated email accounts are gone, like it was when I got it.

Unless I'm mistaken about what "unlocking" means, I've always thought that was unlocking from carrier A and reprogramming for carrier B.
    Thanks for clarifying; I missed your point on first reading. Using the MSL to remove your phone number is a good suggestion. Your understanding of unlocking is correct.
    05-15-10 08:07 AM
    I have a 9630 and having quite a tough time with it...

I pulled the battery out for the first time in about a month and when rebooting the loading screen stops about 3/4ths of the way for many days now. I have tried plugging it into my computer, and the desktop manager is showing that my device is disconnected. I have tried everything including upgrading my USB port on the computer, to no avail.

I then plugged it into my girlfriend's mac, installed the desktop manager, and it is recognizing it but says that "there is no blackberry device software on this device" It lists 4 different versions, and I click on version 5.0 but still gets stuck on the loading screen!

I tried the method of the alt+shift+delete method, that didn't work either.

Please help me out, this has been going on for about a week and I am so fed up with this damn phone right now cause i have put in some serious time into trying to fix it
    06-01-10 03:16 PM
    i need assistance..

i stupidly downloaded the newer version of msn messenger and I HATE it...i want to get the old one back which is v.2.1.4.8 is there anyone to get it back or do i need to restore my phone? if i do a restore, will it put the original msn back on there
    06-01-10 04:55 PM
    does this wipe my saved messages and all
    08-23-10 05:12 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD