Is replacing the whole mechanism difficult if I am not brave enough to go as far as to take the trackball out to clean it. If I understand correctly all there is to it is to pop off the metal ring and turn the phone upside down and the whole assembly should come out, do any other small pieces come out also when you turn it upside down?? Will this cause the metal ring or the trackball assemble to be loose after it's put back together??

Any help is appreciated.
    Laurie
    03-24-09 03:44 PM
    the ring wont be loose unless you let hellen keller try to take it out with a screwdriver

its pretty simple, and nothign else will fall out. pretty simpe & straight forward process
    03-24-09 03:46 PM
    No there is no other small pieces that comes out. Its simply popping off the ring flipping the phone and the whole trackball should come right out.a very simple and easy process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 04:56 PM
    Fyi-there are videos on youtube that show you how to do it. It looks pretty simple-altho-like you- I have not been brave enuf to try myself either! Lol

03-24-09 05:00 PM
    Is replacing the whole mechanism difficult if I am not brave enough to go as far as to take the trackball out to clean it. If I understand correctly all there is to it is to pop off the metal ring and turn the phone upside down and the whole assembly should come out, do any other small pieces come out also when you turn it upside down?? Will this cause the metal ring or the trackball assemble to be loose after it's put back together??

Any help is appreciated.
    Laurie
    For me, I just pop off the ring flip my phone over and I blow in the hole to make sure no dirt etc is in there. and I run the ball along my pants or shirt and blow threw the bottom incase anything is in there. It's pretty simple, doesn't take a long time either maybe a minute at most. Nothing will be loose.
    03-24-09 06:24 PM
    Fyi-there are videos on youtube that show you how to do it. It looks pretty simple-altho-like you- I have not been brave enuf to try myself either! Lol

It is not too bad after you do it the first time. Shelli is correct however. The Youtube videos are a great help with replacing your Trackball Mechanism.
    03-24-09 06:26 PM
    Anybody have good source for colored trackballs?

Thanks John
    03-24-09 06:27 PM

Thanks John
    cnn.cn or ebay.com
    03-24-09 06:29 PM

Thanks John
    I am not a fan of the colored trackballs that come from a company. I would go over to the Dyed Trackball thread and check that out. It is a very simple process, and it works great.

Now, back to the original program.
    03-24-09 06:31 PM
    I am not a fan of the colored trackballs that come from a company. I would go over to the Dyed Trackball thread and check that out. It is a very simple process, and it works great.

Now, back to the original program.
    Agree, I've heard alot of bad things about the new colored trackballs sites have been selling, with the exception of the black G1 trackball, i love mine...
    03-24-09 06:37 PM

Thanks John
    Check out BerryBall. It's on Ebay.
    03-24-09 06:42 PM
    Aye you guys are right there have been a few threads recently about the TB's from cnn - off my list of "sites" they go

I like my super cool white one.... No dye, no worries, no skills required - perfect for Trem
    03-24-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD