Is this possible? I know the microphone is near the bottom of the phone, but what does it even look like? Can I replace it??
    Last edited by wesbos; 08-22-08 at 03:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add
    08-22-08 01:12 PM
    Bump. I'm curious about the answer to this.

Any help would be appreciated
    09-01-08 04:06 AM
    Just to clarify, I have an 8310 thats a dud since having it replaced is not an option. The microphone doesn't work, I can speak to others with a bluetooth headset but can't use the phone itself. So I searched around online and saw that a malfunctioning Microphone is the problem, I actually found a replacement part on ebay and I'm hoping I will be able to do it. Why haven't I done it? I havent the foggiest clue what I'm doing and I don't want to cause more damage. I have yet to find a technician who seems aware of the fact that the part can be replaced. I'm not in the US so my options are kinda limited, it would be great if I could do it myself.

So, anybody?
    09-01-08 04:21 AM
    Youtube has an assembly and disassembly video. You can always take it apart and look at the mic.
    09-02-08 02:03 AM
    Just to clarify, I have an 8310 thats a dud since having it replaced is not an option. The microphone doesn't work, I can speak to others with a bluetooth headset but can't use the phone itself. So I searched around online and saw that a malfunctioning Microphone is the problem, I actually found a replacement part on ebay and I'm hoping I will be able to do it. Why haven't I done it? I havent the foggiest clue what I'm doing and I don't want to cause more damage. I have yet to find a technician who seems aware of the fact that the part can be replaced. I'm not in the US so my options are kinda limited, it would be great if I could do it myself.

So, anybody?

Posting this really late but maybe it will help someone else.
    I pulled the mic of my 8310 and it is a surface mount device and the pads are on the bottom of the device. You need a SMT tools to get this back on namely a heat gun. If you haven't done this sort of work, don't try.
    01-29-09 04:32 PM
    does anyone have a pic of the mic exposed by any chance? the youtube vid kinda just glances over the mic and i really cant see what it looks like. my mic works fine, but i stuck a pin in the hole so i'm just wondering if i damaged anything or moved the pads and need to open and reposition pads. maybe the pic will help the op as well
    02-01-09 09:55 PM
    does anyone have a pic of the mic exposed by any chance? the youtube vid kinda just glances over the mic and i really cant see what it looks like. my mic works fine, but i stuck a pin in the hole so i'm just wondering if i damaged anything or moved the pads and need to open and reposition pads. maybe the pic will help the op as well
    The mic is placed about 3/4 inch away from the hole on the outside of the phone. There is a right angle audio "tube" that transfers the sound from the mic hole to the microphone. In other words, sticking a pin in the hole on the outside of the curve cannot damage the mic on the circuit board cause the pin has to take a right angle 3/4 inch in.
    02-03-09 12:58 PM
    very comforting words. thanks
    02-03-09 07:23 PM
    I wanna know more information about replacing the mic on a 8320.
    Does it really need soldering? if yes how many connections have to be in contact with the board? I took my micro apart but it looks weird. It sounds to have only 1 connection with the board and around are some little pads but I'm not sure.
    Any idea about replacing a mic on a 83.. curve?
    10-01-10 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD