I have had my Blackberry Curve 8310 for a little under a year now and it is not under warranty.

Randomly last week the trackball stopped working properly (I didn't drop it or get it wet or anything, I just set it down and when I picked it up it was broken). The trackball doesn't navigate around the screen and also freaks out and clicks around on its own. I took the trackball out, cleaned the area well and put it back in with little luck. I bought a replacement trackball and that didn't make a difference either.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Like I said I don't have a warranty so right now I'm screwed. Thanks for your help? (Also in the meantime, are there keyboard shortcuts I can use to replace the trackball function, because I haven't been able to figure that out either)
    10-31-08 11:39 AM
    I read about this in another thread a few days ago BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320

I myself have not used them but they offer a trackball replacement to $55
    10-31-08 12:06 PM
    hey 2 days ago i just had the exact same problem. My trackball scrolls around fine but i have to hit enter to select anything. Then all of a sudden on its onwn it will keep selecting different things. I took my phone apart today to check it out its nothing to do with the ball itself. while my phone was apart i turned it on and clicked on the little button on the motherboard and nothing. So theres either some weird software problem or the motherboard is screwed.

i would imagine you have the same problem as me and many others !
    hopefully someone knows what the problem is.
    10-31-08 12:49 PM
    do you have insurance on it? If you do I would just claim you "lost" it and get a replacement
    10-31-08 12:52 PM
    I have had my Blackberry Curve 8310 for a little under a year now and it is not under warranty.
    Why is it not still under warranty. I thought warranty was a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 12:56 PM
    I had the same issue about two days ago. I backed up my device, wiped it, and reinstalled the OS. After I reinstalled the OS everything worked fine.

10-31-08 01:03 PM
    Try reinstalling your os. That controls the trackball. I had that happen on my bb peral 3 times.
    Good luck

10-31-08 02:19 PM
    I dont have warranty because it was a refurb from AT&T which only has a three month warranty.

How do I reinstall os?
    10-31-08 05:56 PM
    This is how you fix the click function of the trackball

w w w . a u d s o u n d . n e t / _ s h a r e / b b t b _ s e l e c t _ f i x . p d f
    05-17-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD