I use Phone Zoo to download ringtones to my phone (BlackBerry Curve), and I can't find a way to change the name of the ringtone. I found out how to change the file name, but it keeps the actually display name (when you go My Media -> Ringtones -> My Ringtones, that name.) the same. Is there any way to change this name?

Any help is appreciated.
    02-22-08 03:19 PM
    Pull the battery and reboot the BB. Does that show the correct name now?
    02-22-08 05:10 PM
    I have this problem too. Just since upgrading the OS. Before I would name the ringtone my desired choice at the time of download by clicking "Save". This would save the ringtone as I designated in one area (the area where you view the list via assigning ringtones to a person, or via Media Center Options/Explore - a white screen). In the Media Center as you hit the Ringtone option directly (taking you to the black screen), it would then save it similarly, yet not exactly (it would only take the 1st word, or the song name, no other descrip). Kind of annoying, but tolerable.

Now, after the OS change (& I say this b/c I cannot think of any other changes that were made)... when accessing them via Options/Explore or in assigning the ringtone (again the white screen), it's exactly as I saved it - just as before. BUT NOW, when going directly into Media Center & hitting ringtones (black screen) - it shows cutSong & some number or just the number. When you hit properties, you can see where it's named properly, but now there is a line item called "Title" and this is where the "cutSong" or numbers display, I assume some default that presets upon download. And it will not let you change that line item from that screen. When you go to where you can change the name of the ringtone (via the white screens) or on the computer through desktop manager, you never see that "Title" line item - it shows exactly as you want it to display... & it does display correctly everwhere but when going to media, ringtones, that list is the one showing the "cutSong" or number.

I've even tried to move the ringtone from the media card to the device, thinking it would give me more options. However it did not. I still could not see or change the "Title" area.

Any heads up would be appreciated as this is driving me crazy. Sometimes I view my ringtones from the ringtone icon... & it's a pain in my backside to see some jibberish there that does not identify the ringtone for squat. You have to play each one of those to find what you're looking for. Just today, in downloading about 8, it's a huge inconvenience... much less if ALL my ringtones were listed that way.

Pleaaassssseee Help!! It's driving me crazy!

p.s. the battery pull does not work either
    06-26-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD