Anyone successfully remove the TMobile logo on the face plate?

I tried sugar (Domino loose sugar, not cubes) and it did not seem to remove anything. I am afraid to try nail polish unless someone here has told me it works and doesn't remove any of the enamel.
    10-28-07 02:56 AM
    I'd love to know the answer to that question too. I hate having to see ATT advertising every time I look at my beautiful BB!
    10-28-07 06:19 PM

I tried sugar (Domino loose sugar, not cubes) and it did not seem to remove anything. I am afraid to try nail polish unless someone here has told me it works and doesn't remove any of the enamel.
    I actually put a seal over the T-Mobile logo to make sure it never comes off. I wouldn't want it to fade and have ANYONE thinking I'm so crazy that I'd consider using that horrible AT&T service.

I did have an old phone with AT&T when I was young and insane. I used the girlfriend's fingernail polish and it easily took the logo off with no damage to the case.

Personally, I'd recommend that you keep the T-Mo logo. It identifies you as a smart guy ... definitely not someone who would ever use AT&T.
    10-28-07 06:54 PM
    definitely not someone who would ever use AT&T.

Now, was there any need to be so ugly?
    10-28-07 08:26 PM
    I’m curious enough to know why would you want to take off the carrier’s logo on your BEAUTIFUL Blackberry. I know it’s your own right to do what ever you want to do. My only question is why would you be willing to risk any harm to the world’s greatest device. Blackberry’s are expensive equipment and I’d be very nervous to deface it. But……….at the same time I am also curious as to even if it would work.
    10-28-07 08:28 PM
    It's preference, some people like a clean look... like de-badging a car, I love Volkswagen but I like the clean lines of the car not the car name, symbol, engine grade etc...
    I like my T-Mo logo now that it's all black!
    10-28-07 08:43 PM
    It's preference, some people like a clean look... like de-badging a car, I love Volkswagen but I like the clean lines of the car not the car name, symbol, engine grade etc...
    I like my T-Mo logo now that it's all black!
    debading a car is the worst thing you could do IMO. Its like taking off the RSX emblem and to tell people that its a type-s but it really isnt. Ima car nut and i think the badging should stay...so the car is pure.

One example. I was at dealership looking at a Subaru WRX. instead of Subaru on the back it had Turbo with a italicized lettering to make it look like a Turbo emblem off a 911 turbo. but to each their own.
    10-28-07 09:17 PM
    The logos on the Curve's are applied differently and can't be removed without damaging your device.
    10-28-07 09:51 PM

Two things on this.

This was talked about on other forums for over a year, doing what I call the "logo mod" on the 8100 Pearl. Many people who tried it ended up damaging their beautiful phone.

Second, I am of the opinion [but it's my opinion only] that if you make a warranty claim on the phone there could be problems.

This is because T-Mo [and others?] warranty replace phones ONLY bought from T-Mo. When sending the phone in for a claim they look for the logo on the front of the phone to confirm the phone is in fact a T-Mo phone.

With a missing logo a newbie returns person may assume it is not a T-Mo phone and reject the phone on that basis. He or she may not look at the phone closer to see if it is in fact a T-Mo phone [by ESN, etc.]

Once rejected, the returns guy sends a message to the customer service person who will send you a letter and e-mail saying your phone was rejected for a warranty return. When you call the CSR he or she will tell you that they do not have the phone, but a rejection is what they got from the returns department [so any explanation that you scraped off the logo will fall on deaf ears since the CSR cannot physically check the phone].

All in all a BIG hassle simply because you wanted to make the phone more pleasing to your eye.

So IMHO, don't try scraping off the logo as you may damage the phone or complicate a warranty return.

Sidenote: I like T-Mobile and proud to advertise that I have them as a carrier. If I had an AT&T phone I would take off their logo with battery acid.
    10-28-07 10:02 PM
    debading a car is the worst thing you could do IMO. Its like taking off the RSX emblem and to tell people that its a type-s but it really isnt. Ima car nut and i think the badging should stay...so the car is pure.

One example. I was at dealership looking at a Subaru WRX. instead of Subaru on the back it had Turbo with a italicized lettering to make it look like a Turbo emblem off a 911 turbo. but to each their own.

Yeah i feel you, I think it's silly when people make cars out to be something they are not!! But I like it when a car is just nameless... like a plain white tee.
    10-29-07 09:37 PM
    Now, was there any need to be so ugly?
    Not a matter of ugliness dear Kailess, just reality. I had AT&T in years past and found them to be an embarrassment of a company. Here are just a FEW reasons why:

1.) After countless phone calls and over 80 emails, they continued to play games and refused to close my account when I wanted to cancel because of their terrible service.

2.) Their advertising is not only false, they know it's fraudulent and still they continued to lie to the public long after most everyone figured out they were liars. Cingular/AT&T did NOT offer the lowest dropped calls in the nation. NEVER. This was a total whopper of a lie and their management knew it. They are now being sued by past and current clients in a class action lawsuit over this falsehood and they've now stopped advertising their false claims about the fewest dropped calls.

3.) Their service in many large cities is horrible. Los Angeles is the nation's 2nd largest city and they are consistently rated at the bottom of all quality reports (J.D. Power and Consumer Reports) for service in Los Angeles and most of California. In Los Angeles, you can't maintain a call on sections of Wilshire Boulevard which is the largest traffic artery which runs from the ocean through Beverly Hills into downtown LA. This is ridiculous. Over 10 million people live in LA. Not getting your act together 6 years after inaugurating your GSM service is just insulting your customers.

I could go on. If AT&T works for you where you live, that's great. I've found that T-Mobile gives me far better service at a far lower price. I've never understood how anyone would pay AT&T more for less but if that works for you, I hope you continue to be happy!
    10-30-07 02:38 AM
    It's preference, some people like a clean look... like de-badging a car, I love Volkswagen but I like the clean lines of the car not the car name, symbol, engine grade etc.
    I'm with you lishan on the debadging of cars. I have a brand new BMW Z4 and I completely debadged it and I believe it looks much sleeker without all those chrome numbers.

I'll probably always debadge my cars in the future.
    10-30-07 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD