How do I get my photos off the blackberry and on to my desktop?
    09-05-08 05:53 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan? Are you storing the photos on a media card?
    09-05-08 05:56 PM
    I have a data plan.

I'm an ex treo user and when I'd sync the photos would be moved to my desktop. How does a blackberry handle the photos? I don't have a media card.
    09-05-08 06:02 PM
    Email them to yourself or use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
    09-05-08 06:12 PM
    How do I use the desktop manager to do that?
    09-05-08 06:41 PM
    Depending on what type of comp you have you can always use the usb and browse the bb and click n drag them to a folder on the comp. (I have a macbook and do it on a daily basis with new pics) or you can use bluetooth to transfer them as well. Assuming the comp has bluetooth. Many options are available. :-) good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 12:32 AM
    How do I use the desktop manager to do that?
    There is a Media Manager that comes in Desktop manager. Use your USB to hook your BB to your computer and launch DM. That is, if you have a PC.

When I don't feel like hooking my computer to my phone I just email them to myself. Super lazy, I know.
    09-06-08 01:31 AM
    If you have mass storage activated you can just plug the BB into the computer and Windows will automatically detect it and give you the option to open a folder.

Or you can use DM.

It takes WAY too long for me to email any of my pictures!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 04:30 AM
    Let me give you a little bit more information (I hope I don't bore you). I'm a new blackberry user and I previously used a Treo. I'm on my second BB curve because the first one started giving me an error message on startup and after a hard reset (a few times) ATT decided my phone was defective and replaced it.

I used the second phone the exact same way as the first and after about 3 weeks, it started acting wierd. When I attempt to email a photo it freezes. When I attempt to access the address book...it freezes.

I have some photos I want to get off it and I'm not sure how to browse th BB from the desktop manager.

When I first connect the BB it shows its connected, but when I back it up it tells me it isn't connected.

My goal is to get the photos off, do a hard reset and see if the darn thing works again.

How do I browse the BB via DM?
    09-06-08 06:44 AM
    FYI: this is the error message I get on startup

Uncaught exception java lang array index out of bounds exception
    09-06-08 06:46 AM
    Hi John. This is just a suggestion b/c I dont know that it will work or not. Uninstall DM, reboot and reinstall. While thats taking place, remove the battery from your BB for 30 sec.

After you've done that, reconnect your BB to DM. Hopefully as soon as everything connects, do your backup.

One time the same thing happened to me and this is what I did that corrected whatever glitch I had. Hope it works for you.
    09-06-08 06:52 AM

You most likely have an errant application installed that is causing this. review your instaled apps and remove them one by one until the error goes away and then out the rest back.

I strongly reccomend that you get a Media Card as this greatky increases the amount of Meida that you can stroe on your phone but it makes gettng stuf on and off thephone a lot easier too since the phone can be made to look like a USB drive.

Check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/ to find which card will work on your device.
    09-06-08 06:52 AM

Have you done anything different to your phone?

When you got the 2nd phone, did you restore it with a backup from the 1st phone?

I'm thinking thats whats causing your problems.
    09-06-08 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD