Every body please help

I'am new user for black berry curve 8310, i just taking picture and i wanna open it in my computer, but i can't open it the file. example "cucu ayahanda.jpg.rem

My Question is how to open jpg.rem format pleaseeee

somebody help me
    12-18-07 02:31 AM
    what's this .rem format that your speaking of?...your camera assigns them all as .jpg, I've never heard of the .rem format being produced by any BB device as a picture extension...in any even try renaming the file to end in .jpg and drop the .rem.
    12-18-07 02:45 AM
    well so you are'nt in the BB world, becouse i cannot too open a REM file in my computer. I'll try to find a program to open it
    04-11-09 12:31 PM
    .rem is added to certain Blackberry files. I cannot remember why but cann find out. I think it is to do with file locking.

To view these on a PC you need to rename them as .jpg files because they are .jpg files.
    04-11-09 12:34 PM
    A media file with a .rem extension, is an encrypted file. It means that media encryption was selected "on" in the media card options, when the picture was taken.

From my own experience, the best way to view such a file on a pc, you have to email the file to yourself, and then open the email on the pc.

Hope this helps.

Oh..... and if you dont need to have your files encrypted, you can go into media card options and turn off encryption.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 04-11-09 at 12:40 PM.
    04-11-09 12:38 PM
    hey, i know this might be a stupid question but how do i get to media card option? is it from my blackberry or my pc? thanx.
    08-25-09 10:01 PM
    From the phone:

options > media card.

BTW it is considered bad form to tack an unrelated question
    onto a random, and in this case, dead thread. Better to just
    create a thread of your own.
    08-25-09 10:19 PM
    i have a problem how can i move Rem after capture
    07-04-13 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD