Anyone have a picture of an 8330 with a red trackball? Im thinking about getting a red trackball with a black ring but not sure how it will look. What do you think?
    05-05-09 03:29 PM
    Yes I have a red trackball on mine with the red phone. I can take a pic once I get home. I love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 03:51 PM
    where do u get diffrent colored trackballs? or do you just paint what you have?
    05-05-09 03:57 PM
    You can find them at Cellular Accessories - Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Mobiado, NEC, BenQ-Siemens, Apple, Microsoft, Tools, Panaso or on eBay.

05-05-09 03:59 PM
    I got mine off ebay. Just look for "red trackball" and it will come up. It was 5 bucks and came with everything needed. It was a silver circle though

05-05-09 03:59 PM
    ^^please post a pic!
    05-05-09 04:02 PM
    Ok getting myfriend to take a pic. Gimme 5 minutes

05-05-09 04:07 PM
    Can I post a pic from my bb? If not gimme your email and I will send it

05-05-09 04:16 PM
    i found it at 8330 - Microsoft, NEC, Nokia, Acer, BlackBerry, Sony, Mobiado, Dopod/O2, Panasonic, Acc
    05-05-09 04:28 PM
    Trackball is orange, but I have a black trackball ring:

Last edited by xliderider; 05-05-09 at 04:37 PM.
    05-05-09 04:35 PM
    Trackball is orange, but I have a black trackball ring:

HMMM i kinda like the way the orange looks. Also which theme do you have on your phone?
    05-05-09 04:39 PM
    You can dye them with fabric dye as well, there is a link to another thread in post #1 that details the process:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/

There are a few pics of red trackballs in the thread.
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-05-09 at 04:44 PM.
    05-05-09 04:40 PM
    HMMM i kinda like the way the orange looks. Also which theme do you have on your phone?
    It's the MyJavelin theme by maxiang:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/my...s4-5-a-134571/
    05-05-09 04:43 PM
    It's the MyJavelin theme by maxiang:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/my...s4-5-a-134571/
    Awesome! Thanx i just downloaded it
    05-05-09 05:06 PM
    Has anyone else gotten a problem trackball? The red one I got keeps sticking and won't roll properly at all... anyone? I didn't get mine from cnn.cn though... may just have to get another from them.
    05-06-09 01:30 AM
    Paul, check out the link in post #6 of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...8/#post2482870

05-06-09 01:35 AM
    I have a white trackball
    Not for long...
    05-06-09 01:39 AM
    Well my problem is that when rolling the new trackball, it will constantly get stuck and won't roll, is this likely the non OEM rollers as well?
    Last edited by paultyler_82; 05-06-09 at 01:43 AM.
    05-06-09 01:41 AM
    Paul, some have "fixed" their non-OEM colored trackballs by replacing the rollers with the OEM rollers from their old OEM TB assemblies.

Obviously, this involves having 2 TB assemblies in pieces to accomplish. Try to keep everything separate until the actual swapping of components is done.

05-06-09 01:49 AM
    Paul, some have "fixed" their non-OEM colored trackballs by replacing the rollers with the OEM rollers from their old OEM TB assemblies.

Obviously, this involves having 2 TB assemblies in pieces to accomplish. Try to keep everything separate until the actual swapping of components is done.

Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I get home from he... er, work.
    05-06-09 01:53 AM
    quick comment on the trackballs from cnn.cn-I bought a red ball with black bezel (kept my chrome ring) and put it in my otherwise stock phone. Needless to say the ball would not engage the rollers AT ALL. So I disassembled both trackballs and put the stock rollers into the "new" red assembly. Ball still wouldn't engage the rollers.

Thought I would have to take my phone in for warranty so I just threw my white stock ball into the assembly with the screwed up rollers from cnn and it works FINE!!!!

So even if the rollers are lopsided they will still work-it's the balls that are somehow losing their texture during their dying process which means the balls cannot engage the rollers.

I kept the white ball in there and I forgot how much better it worked, no more rolling the ball 10 times to move up an inch on the screen.....
    05-06-09 11:00 AM
    LoJac, Steve Chan from cnn.cn said himself that the colored balls they sell are not OEM trackballs. That is why they don't roll as well as the OEM white trackballs.

I buy OEM trackballs form eBay seller mobilexny for $4.84 each including first class shipping from NY. I then dye the balls, so I have 100% OEM balls in my trackball assembly and it works just fine even though I dye them.
    05-06-09 01:45 PM
    Here are two pictures of my 8320 with a red trackball and black ring. It looks sweet when the LED is not on but looks orange with the LED on. This is a trackball from cnn.cn and I don't have any problems with it rolling or anything, it rolls as well as the ones.

I also have a black trackball from berryball.com - not sure if they have any with the black rings but those ones feel like heaven under your thumb. I'm thinking about getting a red one from them and the ring from my cnn.cn one if they do not have them with black rings.

Lit Up

Not lit up. [/color]
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 07-24-09 at 10:01 PM.
    05-06-09 03:27 PM
    ^^Thats looks so cool!
    05-06-09 03:32 PM
    LoJac, Steve Chan from cnn.cn said himself that the colored balls they sell are not OEM trackballs. That is why they don't roll as well as the OEM white trackballs.

I buy OEM trackballs form eBay seller mobilexny for $4.84 each including first class shipping from NY. I then dye the balls, so I have 100% OEM balls in my trackball assembly and it works just fine even though I dye them.
    Would you happen to know if it's possible to dye or color the housings? I think I'm going to order a spare trackball in black, but would really love for the housing to be red, in case I get bored of the red ball/black housing combo.
    05-07-09 12:51 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD