Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default red SOS in upper right hand corner of blackberry

In the upper right hand corner of my blackberry instead of saying EDGE or GSM it says SOS in red and install sim card. Despite the sim card being already installed. Is there a way to tell if this is my phone being defective or the sim card being broken.???????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    PIN
    30ffea7f

It might just be the SIM card is loose, remove the battery, and remove the SIM card, then reinstall it and replace the battery.
    CrackBerry Genius

I sometimes get the red sos when I am in an area with no signal coverage.

I think its an issue with your sim. Remove and reinsert and see wht happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

this is my 10th or 11th blackberry so im pretty familar with removing the sim card with the phone being on to reset the phone...but this just doesnt work..the tmobile rep said it might be the sim or the phone but he isnt sure...i think i might have to order another curve...thanks in advance for everyones help
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

find a friend...try their sim card
    mystery solved!
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

The phone is probably working fine. This has more to do with the SIM card. Either the SIM isn't correctly seated, locked in place, or is defective.

I had this problem last month. The door that locks the card in place wasn't locked and so I was only getting SOS. Once the door was locked, I had full service.

So if the sim card is seated correctly, locked in place, and it still doesn't work, then you should ask for a new sim card.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,802 Global Posts

I had this issue and it was the actual phone. The contacts that read the SIM were burned out. Put your SIM in another phone and if it works, then its the phone with the issue.
    @DearFloyd
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    PIN
    30ffea7f

You should also be able to get a new SIM from a TMo store, and they can just change all your info over to the new one, and then you can try that.

I usually get a new SIM from ATT every year, just because i had a problem a long time ago, and its free anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    PIN
    24ABAEA0

Trying changing your theme.
    If the Lord seems so far away, who moved?.
    CrackBerry Newbie

What do you mean the 'door' I'm having the same problem with my blackberry. If you mean that metal thing that goes over the sim card, my one fell out and it just won't go back Into its place. Now it's saying 'insert sim card' when I put the sim card in with celotape over it to hold it down... Still ain't working. I need help :'(