Lately I've noticed that the little red light won't flash when I receive a message.
    I ran the Device Self Test Application and the blue & green lights work just fine.
    It's almost like the red light has burned out or something.

Anyone know what's wrong with it?
    02-06-09 11:28 PM
    LEDs last a very long time, it would be unusual for one to "burn out".

Have you tried doing a battery pull with the phone on to reset the BB? Additionally, when you reinsert the battery, the red LED always comes on during the beginning of the reboot process. If it reboots without the red LED coming on, then you have a problem.
    02-06-09 11:34 PM
    I had the same problem. Except my red light wouldn't blink just when receiving a message through BBM. It would blink red when I got emails, sms and also when I did battery pulls during the reboot.

I noticed yesterday it worked for a little while I was using BBM then it stopped again. Then today, what do you know, it started and stopped.

I have yet to figure out what's going on with it.
    02-06-09 11:38 PM
    Mine won't blink red at all, not even after battery pulls..
    02-06-09 11:43 PM
    If it's under 12 mos. old, then it's time to exchange it for another phone under warranty.
    02-06-09 11:45 PM
    I work at a service and repair center and I had one like that and I did a wipe handheld and it worked.... But I also had one that it didnt work and I had to order a replacement phone for the customer.. Hope that helps.
    02-06-09 11:47 PM
    Ah yeah, I got it in March of last year.
    I don't see why it would break, but I guess I should look into exchanging it. :\

& thank you, cormega. I'll try that.
    02-06-09 11:53 PM
    Just a thought... Go into Profiles - Advanced, then edit the Normal profile, and make sure that Repeat Notification is set to LED Flashing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD