Ever since I installed weather bug, the red light on my BB flashes and I cannot tell what its trying to tell me.

I check each e-mail and there are no new e-mails, no new SMS Text, no new MMS messages, nothing on my browser.

I click on weather bug and read whatever it wants to tell me in regards to alerts on weather and stuff but the light still flashes.

I went into the weather bug settings and selected "none" for all alerts since I don't want to be bothered and I check my phone very often.

Is it normal to flash just for the heck of it? Or what is it trying to tell me? this did not use to happen before installing weatherbug.

Help!!!

Note: Please do not suggest weathereye, it does not have my city, and as for BB weather, I dont' know how to set up the profile for it to work, so it said invalid url or something like that, only weatherbug works for me.
    07-23-08 01:56 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me due to BBM. Try a battery pull and it should go away.
    07-23-08 02:15 PM
    Sometimes this happens to me due to BBM. Try a battery pull and it should go away.
    I don't use BBM, but I will do the battery pull, thanks.
    07-23-08 02:20 PM
    Yes. if no messages show up then try the good ole battery pull or alt + left shift + del at the same time for a reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 02:21 PM
    Does weatherbug interfere with the calendar?

No alarms have gone off on my phone since yesterday and I am beginning to get worried.

I tried the google map thing but it doesn't have setting that I need like choosing the days you need the alarm for, it doesn't have an option of M, T, W, TH only so that will not work out for me. All of my profiles have tone for calendar events but somehow I am scared it will not wake it up or remind me to take my pill.

I did battery pull but it didn't wake me up this morning.
    07-23-08 02:23 PM
    its when there is an alert it blinks if you have it set to visual alert
    i had that happen too
    07-23-08 03:51 PM
    No, Weatherbug does not interfere with anything. What OS are you running? And as far as the visual Weatherbug alert, the actual LED will not blink; the bug icon will.

Soooo.. I'm guessing this is unrelated to your OQ?
    07-23-08 03:55 PM
    4.5 is what i have and when i get an alert it makes the led blink
    07-23-08 03:58 PM
    Weatherbug is notorious for not functioning properly on 4.5... This may be part of your issue...? It should NOT cause your LED to flash.....
    07-23-08 04:00 PM
    well it does and i think it probably is 4.5 but i don't feel like downgrading.

morenina, do you have 4.5?
    07-23-08 04:07 PM
    Weatherbug alert is also causing my red led to flash on 4.3 sprint curve. Its annoying today

07-23-08 04:32 PM
    Weatherbug alert is also causing my red led to flash on 4.3 sprint curve. Its annoying today

How long ago did you download Weatherbug?
    07-23-08 04:36 PM
    ya i set it to none
    apparently their software wasn't tested with 4.3 and above

i have at&t navigator that has weather for a saved location or my gps location. i'll just use that till i find something better. i like wb but that blinking light is so darn annoying

bbweather and weathereye don't have my town in them so its pointless
    07-23-08 04:37 PM
    ya i set it to none
    apparently their software wasn't tested with 4.3 and above
    I have 4.3 on my Curve and my Weatherbug apps functions perfectly... No flashing LED for me.
    07-23-08 04:39 PM
    well jenay thats 2
    more memory and weather bug works fine
    lets find more stuff you have that we don't
    (if you can't tell i'm saying this light heartedly. just making that clear)
    07-23-08 04:48 PM
    I have 4.3 and now the light flashes 30 mins after I read the alerts on weatherbug

07-23-08 07:55 PM
    ya i got rid of weatherbug because of that
    07-23-08 08:01 PM
    How long ago did you download Weatherbug?
    Little over a week ago.

What is also strange is people talk about two icons that appear when they download Weatherbug. I only get one.

I went to the Weatherbug options and turned all alerts to 'none', then checked the weather alert (Storms rolling through today) and the light is gone again.

I'll see if it happens again.
    07-23-08 08:02 PM
    I have 4.3 and I just got weatherbug last week. last night I was getting an hour glass that kept on flashing. I couldnt figure out what issue is for the life of me. I had an alert for weatherbug, and after clicking on that the red light stopped flashing and the hourglass stopped as well
    07-24-08 03:23 AM
    When there is a weather alert, Weatherbug will alert you by either vibrating or ringing. If you don't respond, it will flsh the LED- it works just like any other alert except that the LED keeps blinking until you check the alert by clicking on the weatherbug flashing icon. If it tsrats flashing again, it is one of two things- either another alert has come in, or you have an older version of weatherbug. A new one was just released (in the last couple of weeks) that fixes this problem. Also, in this new version, there is only one icon, not the two that were formerly there.

Also note that there are many options for alerting that can be set. You can also customize what happens during an alert (vibrate, ring, ring tones).
    07-24-08 05:23 AM
    It's letting you know about a weather alert in your area. You can either change on the WB option (options--> WeatherBug Settings) or change it on your profiles (Profiles-->Advanced...--> Normal --> WeatherBug Direct Settings -->, LED Flashing, select none.) Hope this Helps....
    07-24-08 06:23 AM
    It's letting you know about a weather alert in your area. You can either change on the WB option (options--> WeatherBug Settings) or change it on your profiles (Profiles-->Advanced...--> Normal --> WeatherBug Direct Settings -->, LED Flashing, select none.) Hope this Helps....
    Thanks so much! That worked like a charm!

BTW - I really love Weatherbug Direct. So nice to have a free program that lets me set the alerts I want. I was using the subscription version, but switched over to this about a week ago. Nice to save $3.99 per month!

07-24-08 07:24 AM
    Like I said in the OP, I went through the settings and selected none for alerts. I guess I'll just deal with it bc I really like weatherbug. Thanks for the replies

07-24-08 09:32 AM
    no they are saying to go into your phone profile not the wb settings
    go to profiles>advanced> highlight the profile you use and hit menu>edit
    then change weatherbug led to none
    07-24-08 03:11 PM
    I don't have weatherbug installed but I have this happen too me quite often (red light blinking for no reason, no unread messages etc.) I think this its an OS glitch. I just do the alt - right shift - del reboot, it takes a while and a bit annoying but it works

07-24-08 04:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD