Hi my husband got a 8330 just a week ago and last night he put it in my purse and it had a nearly full battery. Later on last night I noticed that the screen was on, but didnt think anything of it, just thought it would go off on its own.
    Now this morning he took his phone out of my purse and it wont even turn on. The led light came on when he plugged it in and was a solid red. Even with the phone plugged in, it would not turn on. Is that normal? Did the battery just get drained overnight? It had almost a full charge before he put it in my purse.
    He did a battery pull thinking that might help but nothing happened. Right now it is plugged in and the red light is on and flashing slowly on and off. Does that mean it is just charging?

Thanks!
    10-11-09 01:42 PM
    You probably drained the battery. Give it time to get a full charge. Lithium Ion batteries do not like to be fully drained. They Do Not have a "memory".

Next time he is leaving it in your purse he should put it in stand by. This can be done by holing down the mute button on top. Not only will this help conserve battery but it will lock the keyboard at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 01:50 PM
    hi, thank you for the reply. It has been plugged in ever since my last post but it is still showing the red light on and off and will not turn on at all. How long does it usually take for it to charge back up again when it is completely drained? would it take several hours to do so?
    10-11-09 05:27 PM
    Try putting in a different battery to see if the phone works, it should have been charged!
    10-11-09 06:02 PM
    ok this is wierd. I tried putting my battery from my 8330 into his phone and it still showed the red light. Then I removed my battery and his back in his phone and now it is on and doing the resetting thing, so all looks good for now. I am not sure what happened, but we will be sure to do what you all have suggested about putting the phone into standby mode.
    Thank you!
    10-11-09 06:55 PM
    If it keeps acting up, since it is only a week old, get it exchanged for another phone.
    10-11-09 07:00 PM
    I'd be a bit worried that your phone could be defective...
    10-11-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD